Is Worship Music the BEST Anthrax record of all time?

Is Worship Music the BEST Anthrax album of all time?

• NO

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • YES

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • EDDIE TRUNK IS A TOTAL MORON WHEN IT COMES TO METAL MUSIC.

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
The final sales and position is in. No. 14 with 24970 copies sold.

Beat new releases from Bush, Primus and Alice Cooper.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

That's really bad numbers. I hope that is not world wide. Even alone just USA... things that bad with downloading and the internet?

I think Led Zeppelin is the only band in history to have pretty much all their albums go Gold and Double Platinum before being released!! Because of back order reserves for release date.

You are mentioning Led Zep as if the band just released an album yesterday.

On Eddie Trunk, i dont know the guy, i dont listen to his show, but for sure seemed to be a GOOD FRIEND of the band. If Eddie wants to spark some good vibe for the band by citing WM is the greatest release of the decade, then i'm find with it, he got his listeners, they'll listen, if it hels the band, great, good job Eddie, thats what friends are for.

If in case, someone from this board, manage to kick start a site for metal, and one of us is releasing an album (where most of us have given good feedbacks) as a friend, and if u consider yourself a friend, wont u try & plug in some positive vibe to that release?

You are mentioning Led Zep as if the band just released an album yesterday.

On Eddie Trunk, i dont know the guy, i dont listen to his show, but for sure seemed to be a GOOD FRIEND of the band. If Eddie wants to spark some good vibe for the band by citing WM is the greatest release of the decade, then i'm find with it, he got his listeners, they'll listen, if it hels the band, great, good job Eddie, thats what friends are for.

If in case, someone from this board, manage to kick start a site for metal, and one of us is releasing an album (where most of us have given good feedbacks) as a friend, and if u consider yourself a friend, wont u try & plug in some positive vibe to that release?

I don't know what Eddie said exactly. This thread title says Best Anthrax record of all time....not the Decade. That is completely absurd on every level imaginable.

I mention Zeppelin because what artists from 1970-2011 has had one certified before even being released.

That's really bad numbers. I hope that is not world wide. Even alone just USA... things that bad with downloading and the internet?

I think Led Zeppelin is the only band in history to have pretty much all their albums go Gold and Double Platinum before being released!! Because of back order reserves for release date.

You are crazy if you thing those are bad numbers. Especially for a band in the position that Anthrax was in for the last several years.

1. They are a thrash band which does not tend to sell too damn many records in today's music world.

2. They have not released an actual studio album in 8 years.

3. They are coming off a near two decade period of complete and total irrelevancy as far as the metal world is concerned.

Yet they were still able to hit number 14 for the week. Not bad at all. I am not saying that WM is their best album, I have said quite the opposite, but it is still an impressive release as far as sales are concerned.

Those numbers are actually very good for a band like Anthrax who has been completely irrelevant in over a decade. The style of music they play isn't really mainstream, it's not played on every rock radio station 20 times a day.

Being number 14 on the Charts is a big accomplishment and I can guarantee you they are stoked on those numbers.. and so is their indie label. And yes this is just the USA. Worldwide they will sell a lot more, especially when they start touring over there.

And yes downloading is THAT bad. If this was 10 years ago they would have sold close to 100k albums to land at number 14 on the charts. Thats why many bands don't even bother selling their albums anymore, they just give them away and get paid by touring and selling tshirts

I can promise you if Don Nelson was on this album they wouldn't have sold half the albums they did. They can thank Joey for saving their careers!

i remember WCFYA reached no.22 position in the german charts back in '03, let's see if WM can sell better.

WCFYA reached 150 or so on the charts in the USA... and that was 8 years ago. That was terrible for then or now. 8 years later with Joey they have outsold WCFYA by almost triple in the first week.

I guess your right, 24,970 in 1 week since released/pre-ordered is really good. I was maybe comparing movie theater weekend release figures or something. The town I grew up in had a population of 28,000-31,000. It's like the size of 1 USA town out of millions of towns bought Anthrax WM this week I guess I was thinking.

Over the next 3 years, it's weird they can't sell 500,000 CD's/Albums in that time. If more people are kinda into metal in 2011 and there is a bigger population of humans, it just seems weird they can't hit that number in a blink of an eye.

not in those I heard before (Fight 'Em, I'm Alive, Revolution Screams, Earth On Hell), not sure about the others though.

Actually the pre-chorus to Fight Em did change. Dan used to sing the part sung by Scott now, and then Scott would sing where Joey now sings "I'll end you".

The older vocal lines were better

[/SIZE]
Eddie Trunk and the guys on THAT METAL SHOW say it's the best Anthrax album of all time. I say .... give me a fucking break. It's good, but not even better than SOWN and certainly not better than Among The Livig, STD, and NO WAY in hell better than Persistence of Time

not even better sound of white noise??????

sorry bro but Black Lodge,Invisible,C11 H17 N2 O2 S Na,This Is Not an Exit,really sucks

I actually like Eddie Trunk but no, I don't think it's the best anthrax record. It is up there though in my book. Among and Vol. 8 (yes I said Vol. 8) are still my faves.

I'm still a bit disapointed with WM, it has not immedietly blown me away like POT and SOWN did. Maybe my expectations were to high. I thinks it needed a couple more songs in the same way as Fight 'Em (one of the best things they have ever done IMO).

Crawl (or at least the first minute of it) could be of a Pearl Jam record. There is nothing on it for me that tops my favourite album tracks like Who Cares Wins, Time, Keep it.. , Gridlock, Invisible, This is not an Exit, Sodium....., Kingsinze, Catharsis etc.

Don't get me wrong, it's very good and is growing on me.............maybe the previous high standards are just un-beatable. I may change my opinion in a few weeks.

BTW, Joey is outstanding I think.