Is Worship Music the BEST Anthrax record of all time?

Is Worship Music the BEST Anthrax album of all time?

• NO

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • YES

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • EDDIE TRUNK IS A TOTAL MORON WHEN IT COMES TO METAL MUSIC.

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I'm still a bit disapointed with WM, it has not immedietly blown me away like POT and SOWN did. Maybe my expectations were to high. I thinks it needed a couple more songs in the same way as Fight 'Em (one of the best things they have ever done IMO).

Crawl (or at least the first minute of it) could be of a Pearl Jam record. There is nothing on it for me that tops my favourite album tracks like Who Cares Wins, Time, Keep it.. , Gridlock, Invisible, This is not an Exit, Sodium....., Kingsinze, Catharsis etc.

Don't get me wrong, it's very good and is growing on me.............maybe the previous high standards are just un-beatable. I may change my opinion in a few weeks.

BTW, Joey is outstanding I think.

You know you are NOT alone with your thinking...I was expecting more of those thrash elements...that Scott mentioned so many times in interviews, already when Dan was still in band...but instead they made some sort of continuation to WCFYA...and there's of course NOTHING wrong with that - it is almost the same band...I suppose that when next Joey era Best Of comes out ONLY Fight 'Em and The Devil...are on it from this album.
Hell On Earth is good...but I think What Doesn't Die was better.

T:)

I've been listening to Anthrax since '87.

I love the Belladonna era, every album, it's what I grew up with. I think Among the Living is the standout for this era.

I also love the Bush era, again, every album. I think We've Come for You All is a fantastic standout for this era.

With that said I think Worship Music is one of their best albums ever, but is it the best? I really dig how WM is basically an amalgam of both eras of this band. It's like I get the best of both worlds with this album, I love it. How does it stack up against my favorite albums from both eras?

1. Among the Living
2. Worship Music
3. We've Come for You All

One thing to think about is the fact that WM wasn't written for Joey. It'll be interesting to see what direction they'll go with the next one (God willing). Hopefully we'll get more of the old school thrash style Anthrax on the next one. Time will tell I guess.

I love the Belladonna era, every album, it's what I grew up with. I think Among the Living is the standout for this era.

I also love the Bush era, again, every album. I think We've Come for You All is a fantastic standout for this era.

With that said I think Worship Music is one of their best albums ever, but is it the best? I really dig how WM is basically an amalgam of both eras of this band. It's like I get the best of both worlds with this album, I love it. How does it stack up against my favorite albums from both eras?

1. Among the Living
2. Worship Music

That's pretty much been my opinion, that WM is a marriage of the two eras of the band. I guess that's why I dig it so much.

1. Among the Living
2. Worship Music

I agree, I pretty much said the same thing. I also think it's fresh and modern sounding as well.