It was a time of great change...

Tebus said:
Ahh great game... I just got it earlier this year. Althoguh I got stuck at a certain part, got frustrated, and stopped playing.
grumble.gif

Morrowind beats the so-called RPGs, like BG's and Icewind Dales, hands
down. Not to mention, you can add more stuff to it almost endlessly and
can even make them yourself, thanks to the Contruction Kit that comes
with the game.
I own both BG's and all expansions and I haven't given them a second
look since I started with Morrowind, they are not worthy.

And I guess congratulations for D_J :loco:

Salamurhaaja said:
with the game.

Games that good are addicting. And that could be a bad thing for me.:erk:

Salamurhaaja said:
with the game.

EEEEEEEEEEE, bad answer donkey-boy, You are out. :loco:

BG and ID may not be REAL RPG as it is in your lil' head but they are much more enjoyable than Morrowind in a long term.
After few hours that I played with Morrowind I realized that I almost did not do anything! I just ran, ran and ran and the same faces, dialogs and boooooooooooooring stuffs everywhere. Okay, there were some nice saves, like those huge bugs and the chosable races, but beside that...*yawn* I just play BG for the 3d time instead :)
Who the fuck cares If it is not the RPG you think it should be If it is good and can drawn me into it's world? damn the styles and terms for fuck's sake :rolleyes: (and I hope I don't have to add that it was subjective opinion)

@Tebus: uhm...can you give me some more detalied info? Where were those golems exactly? But If they were really stone golems, they should be easily killed with magical blunt weapons. (but I think only above +2 or smthing, I'm not really sure about this).

@ _z_
i absolutely agree... with salamurhaaja on this one. morrowind lets you do whatever you want to, whereas in games like baldur's gate you're set against a totally stupenduous plot and defeat the evil hordes of darkness with your shiny smile of dunno.
morrowind has interesting politics, for example. you can read about it in all these books scattered around there, of course you don't have to. but it makes the game so much more intense as anything else i played in this genre so far. you can even join forces with the evil side, or become a vampire, or... just whatever you can think of. of course it takes more time to get into it, but i think it's worth it. but i have to say i already played the two predecessors, so i didn't have so much difficulties with all the information in the beginning.

Tebus said:
It was in the Windspear Hills (I had to look the name up at a web page :p). There's a part when you get into the castle where you have to kill 2 stone golems, but I didn't have any weapons that worked. How do you kill those bastards?

Welcome the the BG2 thread.:loco:
www.gamefaqs.com :p

@Salmy and Vultie:)erk: ) any game that my video card wouldn't run must suck :heh:

Finally got it to work with that CD patch that fixes load times. Now, I've just gotta get my exams out of the way so I can lose my summer to the joys of being a Dark elf ranger, woohoo...oh, and did anyone ever play Arena or Daggerfall? Daggerfall on and off took up a year of my life, and I still never finished it :lol: Just went vampire and when I got bored, went to temples.
Oh by the way, is it possible to become a vampire in Morrowind? And if so, does it have any relevance (unlike Daggerfall)?

Tebus said:
It was in the Windspear Hills (I had to look the name up at a web page :p). There's a part when you get into the castle where you have to kill 2 stone golems, but I didn't have any weapons that worked. How do you kill those bastards?

Welcome the the BG2 thread.:loco:

There's an adamantine golem too. Magical blunt weapons will do stone golems I think and +5 weapons will effect adamantine. Not sure if it's the same place.

Oh well boys, tastes differ :) If I wanna be a vampire I just play with Vampire the Masquerade :Smokedev:

Shrieker: yes, adamantine golems are mean thingies, such as magic golems cause they can be only hurt with normal weapons. So Tebus, do not sell all your normal weapons, they'll come handy in some places :)

pfft.. I can't play morrowind because
a) processor of my computer is way too slow even for minimum requirements
b) video card.. well, I guess it was a good one when it was bought in 1996
c) I'd need a little bit more RAM
:)

_Zsuzsa_ said:
So Tebus, do not sell all your normal weapons, they'll come handy in some places :)

shit
loco.gif

Nah I don't think I sold all of my blunt weaons, but I don't have any magical blunts. (hmm... magical blunts:p) I guess I'll have to go AALLLLL the way back ot Amn then. DAMNIT!
grumble.gif

Thanks for your help guys!
tongue.gif

Hah, Morrowind rules. It's fun making new houses in the constrution set. I like disco lights. And the quests never ends! BG is moe like walking from level to level following a story. In MW your placed in a hughe world and can do whatvere you like.

Thanatos, don't worry, I was talking to a mate of mine, if you come round here, I've got this +7 Daedric sword of arcane might and a little job for you, my crazy mexican bezerker friend :D
Yeah, I know I'm power metal...so naturally I'm a knight and a member of the blades ;)