ITT You All Recommend Recent Death Metal Albums

Yeah, if anyones looking for a DM reco that doesn't suck, check out Dead Congregation. Picked up an EP entitled "Purifying Consecrated Ground", and it fuckin rules. Riffy and headbangable, they way death metal should be.

Kevin and Eric, you'd dig this shit if you dont already know it.

Also, The Monolith Deathcult - "The White Crematorium" is pretty grand.

Listening to the Dead Congregation myspace tracks... this is pretty good. Then again, with track names like "Feasting Angelcunts", how could it be bad?!

DC is truly kicking my ass today. The EP was the first I'd heard from them, but it was good so I just downloaded their 2008 full length and its fucking great, better than the EP so far.

I really don't understand the problem with Protest the Hero vocals.

the music is prog metal the entire time, no 'core' at all on Fortress, and the only difference between the singing and regular prog is that the dude doesn't sing with some dated, archaic vibrato.

when I heard the album for the first time, I hear similarities melodically to Ray Alder, and a lot of the harmonies and falsettos on the fast stuff reminded me of old Labyrinth.

the singer makes the band, he writes memorable melodies over pretty complex music and his phrasing is impeccable.

maybe sometimes he sounds a little like daryl pulombo in glassjaw, but it's mainly the way he pronounces words, very american without prolonging vowels like most singer do which makes their pronunciation more british sounding, other than that, he is no more whiny or gay than any other singer in any "real" prog metal band. He's probably the most charismatic frontman I've heard since I first heard Devy back in 94 on that Vai album.

ebdb4993a98a9c53e26a1e3cd472fc31_full.jpg

and planetary duality by the faceless is the best album in 2008 hands down IMO