I've got a problem...

my answer to you is to simply keep listening. when i got into opeth i couldnt stand the growls, i bought MAYH for the clean parts. as time passed i got use to the growls and eventually didnt understand how i lived without the growls, and i was very prepared to accept opeth's next release still life as a whole.

this may sound silly at first, but buy all of the albums, then take a decent amount of time one each to completely take it all in. after a while i feel you will fall in love with mikael's growlie growls.:)

+1...you took the words right out of my mouth :)

I see what you are saying, initially the vocals can seem extreme with Michael's deep growling. I do have to say its not screaming, and no one can growl like Michael in my opinion. Just listen to it over and over and you will hopefully begin to enjoy it, and if your like me realise that Opeth are the best band in the world! :)

Just remember screaming and growling are very different,maybe you like screaming but not growling :p

Opeth for Life!

Well, Matt from Trivium isn't screaming so much as he's yelling. I think it'll be a tough sell if you can't get into Mike's death vox. Those are as much a part of Opeth as guitars, bass, and drums. And he's only getting deeper with age.

Mikael isnt screaming, he is "growling" there is a significant difference. As to trivium I just cant respect that band since the singer cant actually scream during live sessions, it sounds retarded when he signs pull harder on the strings of the martyr, its on youtube you just chec k it up. and by in flames I hope you mean old in flames since Anders fridén cant scream/growl anymore properly, he lost that ability for some albums ago

Ew, just watched Trivium live on that song... sounds like complete crap.

It might not hurt to try and stop listening to Trivium for a little bit.

EDIT: And most In Flames.

Eh... In Flames are pretty decent imo.
Vocals are meh, but I dig the guitars for most of their songs.
Recent In Flames albums are pretty bad compared to Colony and everything prior to it.

Trivium you say?

blimp.jpg

Eh... In Flames are pretty decent imo.
Vocals are meh, but I dig the guitars for most of their songs.
Recent In Flames albums are pretty bad compared to Colony and everything prior to it.

I WORSHIP "The Jester Race". Just, a lot of In Flames kind of sucks. I'm not sure how many of their albums would be considered post-good.