jackson rr24

nunofrg

Dec 23, 2009
hey dudes!

i was wondering on buying that guitar, but i heard somewhere the floyd is kinda crappy so i really wanted to know what you guys think and if its worth to buy it.
i got another option that is jackson rr matt tuck, which is pretty much the same but with a reversed headstock and no floyd (more a rythm guitar) which i totally like, but well i dunno...
any other guitars you sugest except the alexi 600?

thanks!

what about jackson rr matt tuck? what you guys think?
any other guitars you advice?

The Alexi 600 is the only guitar which has an original FR made in germany. The RR24 and the Edwards doesn't have one.

Well it depends, when I contacted the guys to buy LTD they told me the Floyd Rose was made in Korea and I was like "Fuck it". Not every Alexi 600 is the same, tho if it's EPS that's German Floyd Rose for sure, but on the LTD models we may never know :/ .

Now here is good idea, maybe you can make your own custom guitar at the Jackson site or contact them to talk about the Floyd Rose etc... Just tell em what you need and all that.

The OFR on the RR24 is an FRT -2000, which is an OFR "ping" (made in Korea). It is a good one but which doesn't last long if you use it very often. And if it is wrongly set up then it's going to be worse.

Ignore this. I've had my RR24 since it was first released and I've never had any problems with the Floyd on mine, it works just fine. The only problem I have is that I have grinded down the fretwire quite a bit on the upper frets because apparantly they are made of nickel instead of stainless steel. Also, ignore the wrongly set up part too. That's a dipshit statement. No shit it's going to be bad if it's not set up correctly, that's common sense. Any guitar that hasn't had the action setup properly isn't going to play well.

dude, sickest thread ever cus I was just on ebay looking at this stuff!
I have been looking for a rhoads shaped guitar with 24 frets and no tremolo (and neck through), they don't exist so I had to get an LTD V-401.
Anyways I heard you can lock down a tremolo so it cant whammy and then that fixes the problem, so im back in the market for one

I don't reckon you should get the Matt Tuck one dude, as cool as it is, it has 22 frets. I've done my research (ebay, if it counts) and the cheapest rhoads shaped guitar I can find is the Alexi LTD-Scythe one. I would love an Edwards because the shorter wing is identical to a rhoads while the LTD shorter wings are actually longer than a rhoads dude to copyright reasons.
You guys are saying the Edwards are cheaper than the LTD, can you link me to where the cheaper Edwards are?
I'd grab an RR24 but they don't look as cool as the Alexi guitars and don't have the cut-out to get to the higher frets, But as I said, im up for the cheapest guitar out of the RR24, LTD Alexi and the Edwards Alexi. I'd be looking at either the Scythe (cus I already have black V) but the Sawtooth does look cooler. I will get around to playing each of these guitars in local guitar shops though to make sure I get the best one.
Links to prices anyone?

dude, sickest thread ever cus I was just on ebay looking at this stuff!
I have been looking for a rhoads shaped guitar with 24 frets and no tremolo (and neck through), they don't exist so I had to get an LTD V-401.
Anyways I heard you can lock down a tremolo so it cant whammy and then that fixes the problem, so im back in the market for one

I don't reckon you should get the Matt Tuck one dude, as cool as it is, it has 22 frets. I've done my research (ebay, if it counts) and the cheapest rhoads shaped guitar I can find is the Alexi LTD-Scythe one. I would love an Edwards because the shorter wing is identical to a rhoads while the LTD shorter wings are actually longer than a rhoads dude to copyright reasons.
You guys are saying the Edwards are cheaper than the LTD, can you link me to where the cheaper Edwards are?
I'd grab an RR24 but they don't look as cool as the Alexi guitars and don't have the cut-out to get to the higher frets, But as I said, im up for the cheapest guitar out of the RR24, LTD Alexi and the Edwards Alexi. I'd be looking at either the Scythe (cus I already have black V) but the Sawtooth does look cooler. I will get around to playing each of these guitars in local guitar shops though to make sure I get the best one.
Links to prices anyone?
I remember some dood said he made custom guitar from the Jackson site, it was absolutely the same copy as the one that Alexi had before, and it's like $1200. Tho it will cost you more with shipping and case and shit I guess. But damn, if you don't wanna bother with custom guitars and shit, just grab Edward's. I suggest you grab E-AL-166 with the MM-04. But then again I can't provide you with link :( Sorry can't help anymore than that.

Edit: Btw here is a site where you can look up the guitars, it's pretty much understandable http://www.espguitars.ru/edwards_signature_series.html

come on guys. That cut-out thing is BS. Jackson RR is smaller in size,so it doesn't need that cut out,it's really easy to get to higher frets (atleast it's easy for me). But if Alexi's Sv wouldn't have that cut-out it would be a nightmare just to get to upper frets,since it's body is larger in size.

WTH :O

thats a Shame for ESP/Edwards !

im glad my Edwards has a German floyd
but what i cant understand is why does the floyd of a friend of mine is german to ?

he owns the Pinky Edwards he got it like 2 months ago

as far as i recall pink one had original floyd when it had black hardware.