Japanese Horror Movies

Russell said:
:lol: It made me slightly uneasy. I saw Audition the other day, however, and that's the most effective use of violence I've seen in a film for a while. The first three quarters is a love sotry, which makes the gorey finale... well, very unsettling ;)

audition rules - hahaha! that puke-drinking 'thing' she kept in the burlap sack, gave me some ideas - just kidding :lol:!

Honogurai mizu no soko kara is Dark Water.
I like Takashi Miikes weird stuff like Visitor Q (and Audition)..
Even animations have a bit of horror like Mononoke Hime but from that genre I like Ninja Scroll the most.

I've seen Iron Man and yup...it made me squirm.

Does Legend of the 8 Samurai count? I like that one. I like everything I've seen with Sonny Chiba.

Hiroyuki Sanada sounds familiar. Etsuko Shiomi doesn't. I guess I don't really know either one of them. Sonny definitely, rocks, though. I'll keep an eye out for those names. :]

Ding ding.... I used to watch those ninja movies all the time. I remember there were a bunch actually called Ninja. Weren't there 4 with the forth one featuring a woman?

I seem to remember one with horror aspects. I want to call it Ninja Demon or Demon Ninja or something like that. Does that ring any bells?

I haven't watched any of those classics in years.