JENS BOGREN - my new hero

And Jens, dude, absolutely incredible responses, thank you so much! I'm surprised that you say you'd never use a Laney on your recordings, cuz on the Ghost Reveries info on the Opeth website, it says that they were used on the album, but I guess Mike had to do that for his endorsement or something! :loco:

And now you've officially made me want a Rectifier, if most of your tones have been achieved with it!

Y'know, that makes me really curious about the clean tones on Ghost Reveries. I figured Hours Of Wealth was Laney's AC30 clone- I forget the model name... I love that edge-of-breakup tone, and that's really something special if it's a Rectifier... or a Pod. o_O

...and I never would have guessed Ghost Reveries and Watershed have that much Recto on them at all. That tone screams "Marshall" to me. GR reminds me of my old 2204, turned up and boosted.

Jens, if you don't mind my asking (and you remember), what gain mode was used for Opeth's Recto tones- Raw, Vintage or Modern? I think they're fantastically versatile amps, and so many people peg them as "one sound only", like Modern mode with the gain cranked up and the mids scooped out is all they can do.

I think we all owe Mr. Bogren a drink. He didn't have to give us any of this!

[Then after he's passed out from the 30-40 beers we give him, we steal his U47 FET]

I'd just like to know what he likes as far as the Rectifier mode (modern vs vintage), channel (red vs orange), and then the rectifier section (tube vs transistor, bold vs spongy)!

That's a great question, as I'm never quite sure what will turn out best...

Jens, you produced the new Bloodbath material right? If so, can you tell which amps/cabs/pickups are responsible for the tones?

cheers

-Joe

Dayumn! I just "demoed" Katatonia - "The Great Cold Distance" and I am heading over to Amazon to buy it right away! What a great record!

Just what I needed when I was getting seriously bored by ALL metal I heard in a long time ...

Awesome band, awesome production!

EDIT: it is incredible how far worse "Viva Emptiness" is songwriting-wise ...

You think? I dunno, I agree TGCD is better, but I still love Viva Emptiness (favorites being "A Premonition," "Burn the Remembrance," "Evidence," and "Omerta")

Hi guys, Jens have mixed our next album and it will be superb - awesome dude! Hopefully we find a company to release it soon.
I'll post more info and clips to our site when there's some.

www.downfall.fi

The clip in the mainpage is mixed by Aksu Hanttu of Entwine so no Bogren clips yet. I'll post one soon.

i've just listened to the NMF and the sound is crushing!!

Tell me how did u edit vocal?
Does it have any kind of trick?

cheers!!