Joey's Facebook status today

true, they started writing in june 2001 and it was released in 2003, it got pushed back several times, they said summer '02, then october, then finally march '03.

id sayit would be more legal than anything else troubling the release of album,they wont have any trouble whatsoever with joey back in the group,there will be plenty of label interest,if the big four thing hadnt come up we would have the album by now,its a catch 22,big four is awesome for anthrax just not awesome for getting new anthrax heard lol

id sayit would be more legal than anything else troubling the release of album,they wont have any trouble whatsoever with joey back in the group,there will be plenty of label interest,if the big four thing hadnt come up we would have the album by now,its a catch 22,big four is awesome for anthrax just not awesome for getting new anthrax heard lol

Why would a label take a chance on Anthrax now? They've already pissed Joey off twice before. What if they do it again? They've burned their bridges with John Bush, and no one will ever accept a new singer after the shit (ha) they pulled with Don Nelson.
I think a label will need to hear the end product before taking a chance on Anthrax again.

Why would a label take a chance on Anthrax now? They've already pissed Joey off twice before. What if they do it again? They've burned their bridges with John Bush, and no one will ever accept a new singer after the shit (ha) they pulled with Don Nelson.
I think a label will need to hear the end product before taking a chance on Anthrax again.

they will still make money aff the album,anthrax sells around 100,000 albums in usa let alone what it will sell in europe,and this album will be coming off one of anthrax's biggest supporting tours ever with the big four that doesnt exactly look like its going to stop anytime soon,these shows could well go an all year sporadically across the globe.when has anthrax had such a spotlight on them in recent menory?,we all know anthrax wont shift 500,000 records with joey back but they are still very viable and can still sell theatres out anywhere on the globe

they will still make money aff the album,anthrax sells around 100,000 albums in usa let alone what it will sell in europe,and this album will be coming off one of anthrax's biggest supporting tours ever with the big four that doesnt exactly look like its going to stop anytime soon,these shows could well go an all year sporadically across the globe.when has anthrax had such a spotlight on them in recent menory?,we all know anthrax wont shift 500,000 records with joey back but they are still very viable and can still sell theatres out anywhere on the globe

Anthrax sells 100,000 units in the USA? I don't know the latest figures, I'd be surprised if they sold anything like that on the past three albums.
However, even if they did, WCFYA came out before the internet was truly massive, with downloading and piracy being so rampant. So even if they did sell 100K units of WCFYA, there is NO chance of that happening nowadays.

they will still make money aff the album,anthrax sells around 100,000 albums in usa

That's the thing. They did in 2003...the music industry has almost died since then. You can achieve NUMBER ONE on the charts by selling only 40,000 copies of a record now. And first week sales are always the largest week...therefore, 100,000 copies is a tall order for MOST bands. People just don't buy music anymore...you almost CAN'T in physical stores...record shops, that sell only music, are almost entirely extinct...and the big retailers such as Best Buy, Target, Wal-mart, Meijer, etc have all shrunk their floor space for music substantially in the last few months. Pretty soon there will be nowhere to even purchase physical music, even if you WANT to...thus, making sales numbers even smaller than they would be.

And yeah, you can order music on the internet - but that's the same medium where you can also get it instantly for free.

Always liked what NIN did with The Slip. Basically offered it for free to download off their site and then printed a limited run of 200,000 physical copies for those who wanted to buy it.
Of course needless to say NIN have a far greater fan base to call upon to make those sales.

Great business model regardless and not a label in sight.

when has anthrax had such a spotlight on them in recent menory?
Exactly, that's why this album needs to come out soon, it will sell well unless they wait too long. I hate downloading music I want the album art and booklet and the back of the CD that's why I'm a fan of who I'm buying. Especially since imagery is what got me into metal in the first place when I was a kid. I don't want a file, I want the whole package.

Always liked what NIN did with The Slip. Basically offered it for free to download off their site and then printed a limited run of 200,000 physical copies for those who wanted to buy it.
Of course needless to say NIN have a far greater fan base to call upon to make those sales.

Great business model regardless and not a label in sight.

And I am sure NIN's forum has more than about 10 active users on it :lol:

Anthrax has a very weak fanbase. They lost their entire fanbase after SOWN came out. Sure they gained some new fans. But the die hard fan base ditched them once the music started changing and those people have long left. Once stomp and vol8 came out Anthrax was officially considered a nostalgia act to most old school fans. And by old school fans I mean the millions that bought their albums in the past. Hopefully with this next album they can regain some of those fans. Megadeth lost a lot of fans when Risk and that era was around. But they have gotten many of them back. Let's hope that happens with Anthrax on this new album. Having Joey back certainly won't hurt things!

Oh hey, Joey updated again.

"Song #2 almost done. Studio is going great, I am killing it! "

At least now we know he's doing it at a pretty good pace. Maybe it actually will come out this year. :lol:

What's the last Anthrax record they sold 100K in the US alone? Last record that I thought came close to that was Stomp

Anthrax sells 100,000 units in the USA? I don't know the latest figures, I'd be surprised if they sold anything like that on the past three albums.
However, even if they did, WCFYA came out before the internet was truly massive, with downloading and piracy being so rampant. So even if they did sell 100K units of WCFYA, there is NO chance of that happening nowadays.

I agree. Whatever Megadeth sold during the first week of their last album cut that in half and that will be what Anthrax sells

Exactly, that's why this album needs to come out soon, it will sell well unless they wait too long. I hate downloading music I want the album art and booklet and the back of the CD that's why I'm a fan of who I'm buying. Especially since imagery is what got me into metal in the first place when I was a kid. I don't want a file, I want the whole package.

Me too!

I personally don't give a shit about Imagery or anything else in this case other than the music. There are some bands like Maiden where the artwork is generally part of the experience. With Anthrax I never really cared about the artwork. I just want to hear a new AnTHRASH album could care less about the album cover or any other artwork in the cd case :headbang:

What's the last Anthrax record they sold 100K in the US alone? Last record that I thought came close to that was Stomp

soundscan ,i am pretty sure they there last 2 records are close to the mark,i aint talking overnite,i am talking a full cycle of touring etc 2 years..

And I am sure NIN's forum has more than about 10 active users on it :lol:

Anthrax has a very weak fanbase. They lost their entire fanbase after SOWN came out. Sure they gained some new fans. But the die hard fan base ditched them once the music started changing and those people have long left. Once stomp and vol8 came out Anthrax was officially considered a nostalgia act to most old school fans. And by old school fans I mean the millions that bought their albums in the past. Hopefully with this next album they can regain some of those fans. Megadeth lost a lot of fans when Risk and that era was around. But they have gotten many of them back. Let's hope that happens with Anthrax on this new album. Having Joey back certainly won't hurt things!

Gotta disagree on some of those points there.

My friends and I have been diehard old school Anthrax fans since 1988. They never lost us during or after SOWN. Not just us either. I can list a lot of diehard old school Anthrax fans who remained loyal after Joey got fired and John joined and have stayed the course still to this very day.

We bought the albums back in the late 80s and early 90s and still kept buying. For us it was never about Joey v John. It was simply Anthrax and that's why we remained loyal. That's not a shot at anyone either - I respect those that fell out of favour when Joey departed. I can appreciate that point of view.

Having said that though there is no denying their popularity diminished rapidly after SOWN but I also believe that was down to pure economics too.

Well documented that their was a changing of the guard at Electra and that metal wasn't seen as cool anymore by the new suit in charge so Anthrax post SOWN got the arse as far as promotion goes.

I always thought SOWN was a commercial success for them? Correct me if I'm wrong though.