Joey's Facebook status today

yes, i prefer St. Anger to WCFYA, it's raw, aggressive & full of anger while i find WCFYA to be lame.

God man, I think St. Anger was the worst thing they recorded and the "rawness" was more or less them spending big money to make it sound like shit on purpose.

A couple of thos songs could have been really good though.

what's so funny about that, Dumbass? 'St. Anger' is the opposite of 'Load/Reload'. many metal-fans proclaimed about 'Load' being overproduced, too commercial, too soft, too slow,... so Metallica put out the definitive opposite of 'Load' with SA. that album is probably the most misunderstood record in metal-history, it's far from being great or classic or a masterpiece but i can understand what Metallica wanted to express with it and why it was done the way it was done and why it sounds the way it sounds, 'St. Anger' wouldn't be 'St. Anger' without that shitty snare-sound and with better production and solos, it has something to do with the charme of imperfection, a demonstrative imperfect record coming from one of the most professional bands in the world with a noticeable bad/cheap garage-sound produced by one of the world's most famous and successful producers, St. Anger shows the human side of a business/industry where usually everything has to be and sound perfect. while many metalheads bashed Metallica for putting out St. Anger i give them some respect for it, they showed some balls because that album sounds as uncommercial and 'underground' as possible, something no one would have expected from one of the biggest rock-bands in the world. i don't mind that snare-sound as much as others because i've heard it from other metal-bands a decade before 'St. Anger' and therefore was already used to it when the album came out. SA has many 5 stars-reviews on amazon.com (probably coming from blind followers that give everything 5 stars that has the name Metallica on it), i personally would give it 3 stars out of 5, it's not as bad as others claim it to be but far from being the best metal-record ever, imo it's something in between while WCFYA is nothing but a boring, generic, lame hard rock-record that gets only 1 star from me. there are ONLY 3 SONGS OUT OF 16 TRACKS on the album that i would consider as great, 'What doesn't die', 'Any Place but here', 'Black Dahlia', the rest is only listenable with the usage of the skip-button here and there and some songs are even unlistenable to my ears, so the majority of WCFYA is piss-poor songwriting and uninspired riffs combined with perfect production. at least 'St. Anger' is fast and aggressive with a punk-vibe, something that WCFYA isn't. both definitely aren't among the best metal-records of 2003 but 'St. Stinker' is the better one.

what's so funny about that, Dumbass? 'St. Anger' is the opposite of 'Load/Reload'. many metal-fans proclaimed about 'Load' being overproduced, too commercial, too soft, too slow,... so Metallica put out the definitive opposite of 'Load' with SA. that album is probably the most misunderstood record in metal-history, it's far from being great or classic or a masterpiece but i can understand what Metallica wanted to express with it and why it was done the way it was done and why it sounds the way it sounds, 'St. Anger' wouldn't be 'St. Anger' without that shitty snare-sound and with better production and solos, it has something to do with the charme of imperfection, a demonstrative imperfect record coming from one of the most professional bands in the world with a noticeable bad/cheap garage-sound produced by one of the world's most famous and successful producers, St. Anger shows the human side of a business/industry where usually everything has to be and sound perfect. while many metalheads bashed Metallica for putting out St. Anger i give them some respect for it, they showed some balls because that album sounds as uncommercial and 'underground' as possible, something no one would have expected from one of the biggest rock-bands in the world. i don't mind that snare-sound as much as others because i've heard it from other metal-bands a decade before 'St. Anger' and therefore was already used to it when the album came out. SA has many 5 stars-reviews on amazon.com (probably coming from blind followers that give everything 5 stars that has the name Metallica on it), i personally would give it 3 stars out of 5, it's not as bad as others claim it to be but far from being the best metal-record ever, imo it's something in between while WCFYA is nothing but a boring, generic, lame hard rock-record that gets only 1 star from me. there are ONLY 3 SONGS OUT OF 16 TRACKS on the album that i would consider as great, 'What doesn't die', 'Any Place but here', 'Black Dahlia', the rest is only listenable with the usage of the skip-button here and there and some songs are even unlistenable to my ears, so the majority of WCFYA is piss-poor songwriting and uninspired riffs combined with perfect production. at least 'St. Anger' is fast and aggressive with a punk-vibe, something that WCFYA isn't. both definitely aren't among the best metal-records of 2003 but 'St. Stinker' is the better one.

Chocolate chip is my favorite kind of muffin.

That was quite the rant there.

IMO this is the best song on St. Anger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2wlku4r1iA

LMAO that rules. i remember seeing that a few years ago and almost vomiting from laughing so hard. Seriously it has been 2 decades since this band was a great thrash band. Yet they still get all the headlines and get brought up in almost any thread having to do with metal. So many other bands in the past 20 years that shit all over these homos