Joey's Facebook status today

not the whole songs sounded like Pantera, basically the grooves reminded me a lot of Pantera here and there, 'Drop The Ball' (the part from 2:22 to 3:10 sounds more like Pantera than Pantera ever did:lol:) and 'Stealing From A Thief' (overall groove) are only 2 examples. it wasn't only Metallica or Pantera, in 'Think About An End' i can hear an obvious RATM-influence, the groove is pretty similar to 'Bulls on Parade' only faster and the drumming reminds me of 'Bullet In The Head' in places. Scatty not only stated once that RATM was the hardest rocking thing in a long time.

they were innovators before (one of the first if not the first metalband to do a rap-song) and then only trend-chasers and followers, imo they went from Metallica-wannabes to Pantera-wannabes during the Bush-era, still some pretty good songs to be found on those albums.

Word. There are always people that will like one era over another. One vocalist over another. I am not sure they should have changed their name, but after Joey and Danny were gone it just wasn't the same band and it is nearly impossible for bands to do such a drastic change in sound and keep any sort of consistency in their fan base. It still baffles me to this day how an innovating band like Anthrax, who basically was the first to do a metal/rap thing went on to be a band that started chasing trends instead of trying to start new ones.

An excellent point. Would be nice if Scatt or Charlie tried to explain and rationalise this.

I don't really hear the Pantera thing myself either. And "What Doesn't Die" is heavier than "Indians". I don't get these arguments Anthrax got soft, or they tried to be Pantera.
All I hear is some great tunes - true Vol. 8 was a low point, but the other Bush albums are fucking great IMO.
Are the songs on them as good as the ones on Joey albums? No. But the production is better, much more in your fucking face and to me that's a big plus point, cos the Joey era albums have some shitty sound quality.

An excellent point. Would be nice if Scatt or Charlie tried to explain and rationalise this.

Scat would give some bogus statement saying how they just write what comes to then naturally blah blah. I honestly will never believe a word out of scats ass/mouth.

The end was when he dissed joey on national television and now acts like joey is a god. He is about as fake as they come

TWITTER:

jbelladonna Joey Belladonna

Done with the studio for today, song #6 is done and sounds great. Everything so far sounds awesome!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Wow. Maybe it's the perspective gained from having not been here for the past month and a half or so, but today I actually understood and mostly agreed with ironmaidenfan09. Which doesn't and shouldn't matter to anyone here, I just found it odd that it didn't irritate me.

Anyway, speaking to the real point, I'm glad that Joey's setting a good pace with recording the vocals, so hopefully that September/October goal will be met.

i hope that we will get to hear the Joey-vocals version since we haven't heard and probably never will hear the Wilson-version. Bush is next in line to do the vocals.

and Pantera went on to reach #1 chart-positions in USA,Japan,Germany,UK with 'Far Beyond Driven'. Thrash Metal or Metal in general never was the average man's fav. music.

"economic recession, lack of promotion, bad taste of the record-buying public, predominance of Country & Hip Hop in America, bla bla bla" were just lame excuses coming from the band in a time when other metal-bands still sold well and downloads didn't decrease sales. it ABSOLUTELY didn't have to do ANYTHING with the lack of quality of their music (http://www.metal-archives.com).

yes, 'Sound Of White Noise' was a commercial success, it might even be their biggest selling record, unfortunately it's the only Bushthrax-album i can listen to without over-using the skip-button.

Label support plays a big part.

Look at it this way, Which is really better?

Stomp 442 1995 or Load 1996
Volume 8 1998 or reload 1997
St. Anger 2003 or We've come for you all 2003

Now while you're rating qulaity of music also rate quality/quantity of promotion