Just bought Quintessence

sumairetsu said:
Actually, I'm not. I think the cleaning crew has been stealing them because I'm missing several other CDs, as well.

Didn't know Borknagar had much of a Portugese fanbase.

Hehe just bought the " Quintessence " Digi-pack version last Thursday.

Fucking awesome, nice to hear the cd with decent audio quality :) :headbang: .

As far as I'm concerned...the album could have been so much better if it were engineer and produced right. The production sounds like crap.

If it weren't for Colossus, the album would be completely forgettable.

ErikSL said:
As far as I'm concerned...the album could have been so much better if it were engineer and produced right. The production sounds like crap.

No offense but :lol: :lol: :lol: *dies of laughter**revives* :lol: :lol: :lol:

damn i would want one of those 'Eye of Oden' tour shirts, as pictured in the Q booklet...
and anyone noticed the text on back of the olden domain shirt is wrong? it says 'awakened by the hands of winter.... straight in the eyes of autumn'. weird.

ErikSL said:

I don't think the album is "forgettable" but I totally agree with you for the production. Abyss is the most overrated studio on earth.

ErikSL said:
As far as I'm concerned...the album could have been so much better if it were engineer and produced right. The production sounds like crap. .

Sometimes the sound of the production actually works in the music's favour... but I agree, it could have been much much better.

ErikSL said:

I'm sorry, :headbang: ThePresenceisOminous :headbang: *ahem* excuse me.

bngRox17!! said:
all the borknagar CDs are awesome.. by the end of the year i hope to have the full discography!
I have all of 'em and Next to Epic Quintessence is probably the best produced sounding, I don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about.

immigrants from portugal are mostly in brazil. whereas spanish immigrants are in all the other countries. technically speaking, portuguese would just be on south america

Kazaum said:
I have all of 'em and Next to Epic Quintessence is probably the best produced sounding, I don't have a fucking clue what they're talking about.

Empiricism is much clearer in terms of sound quality than Quintessence though, so I would say Empiricism is the next best produced.

The problem with Quintessence is that you can't hear the bass, the guitars are a bit "blurry" if you see what I mean, and you can't really hear clearly what's happening. At times it's like they put a bloody reverb on the whole mix. And you can't hear the bass. I wouldn't want that sound for my band haha. Did I say you can't hear the bass ?
In fact, I think even the Archaic Course has a better sound overall. Maybe less "powerful", but you can definitely hear what's happening more clearly. And there is a better emphasis on Simen's clean vocals because there is a lot of clean singing on Q too, it's just hidden beneath the wall of sound... I like that album, though. It's just that it could have been so much better with a decent sound IMO.

Logruss said:
The problem with Quintessence is that you can't hear the bass, the guitars are a bit "blurry" if you see what I mean, and you can't really hear clearly what's happening. At times it's like they put a bloody reverb on the whole mix. And you can't hear the bass. I wouldn't want that sound for my band haha. Did I say you can't hear the bass ?
In fact, I think even the Archaic Course has a better sound overall. Maybe less "powerful", but you can definitely hear what's happening more clearly. And there is a better emphasis on Simen's clean vocals because there is a lot of clean singing on Q too, it's just hidden beneath the wall of sound... I like that album, though. It's just that it could have been so much better with a decent sound IMO.

In almost every album the bass is unheard.

Nick_Perrin said:
Empiricism is much clearer in terms of sound quality than Quintessence though, so I would say Empiricism is the next best produced.
I don't like the sound Empiricism had >.<
Even though it has a few of my favorite songs it would be one of my least favorite albums.