just heard Katatonia for first time

Maggot9

Amon Amarth Viking
Jun 11, 2005
Silent Hill
Well, Ive liked Opeth for a while, and heard that Opeth fans for the most part like this band, so I checked out some of their stuff, and its pretty damn good, but the first song I heard, Strung Out, sounds very PUNKish. i kid you not, thats what I thought this band was when i first heard them. something about the vocals and riff style that reminds me of a band like, say, CKY. whatever though, i love what im hearing and plan on listening to them a lot more in the near future. :cool:

Katatonia don't even have a song by that title. Now, there is a band called Strung Out that is punkish... I'm thinking you suck at the Internet and you downloaded a song by Strung Out.

christ, youre right. just checked out my download list and its Strung Out- Katatonia:|

oh well, i guess you can forget everything i just said about them sounding punk

Maggot9 said:
christ, youre right. just checked out my download list and its Strung Out- Katatonia:|

oh well, i guess you can forget everything i just said about them sounding punk
Strung Out doesn't even have a song called Katatonia. I actually listen to them too. What you got there is the retard you downloaded from doesn't know how to name files.

I'm a huge, huge fan of earlier Katatonia and their melodies (up till Tonight's Decision). They really evoke alot of darkness and melancholy so I've been kinda reluctant to hear Viva Emptiness until now. I didn't like Last Fair Deal Gone down that much...if anything, it seemed like party music to me, not depressing music...but I really like what I'm hearing with Viva Emptiness right now.

I remember a time when you had to buy shit right off the shelf......without knowing anything about it......thats how I heard Ved Buens Ende for the first time.......I bought alot of shit music though........so I understand wanting to hear it first........but with Katatonia you should just trust me when I say that you WILL want to buy all of it.....so you need not bother to download them......you will own them all soon enough..... ;)

Dreadful said:
I'm a huge, huge fan of earlier Katatonia and their melodies (up till Tonight's Decision). They really evoke alot of darkness and melancholy so I've been kinda reluctant to hear Viva Emptiness until now. I didn't like Last Fair Deal Gone down that much...if anything, it seemed like party music to me, not depressing music...but I really like what I'm hearing with Viva Emptiness right now.

Yea man! VE is amazing! A Premonition and Inside the City of Glass are my favorites. Although, I love them all.

Yeah, Omerta and Inside the City of Glass go so well together. I wish I had an awesome stereo system. Just imagining Inside the City of Glass playing through one is making me hard. >_>;;;;;