just heard Katatonia for first time

burton said:
Yeah, Omerta and Inside the City of Glass go so well together. I wish I had an awesome stereo system. Just imagining Inside the City of Glass playing through one is making me hard. >_>;;;;;

I have a good stereo system... and VE... :)

Seeing as the author of this thread rather humorously calls himself an 'Amon Amarth Viking' I suggest he listens to Moonsorrow and Tyr to hear truly amazing viking metal.

Also, some actual Katatonia would probably go down well if he could gather the wherewithal to actually find some.

burton said:
Yeah, Omerta and Inside the City of Glass go so well together. I wish I had an awesome stereo system. Just imagining Inside the City of Glass playing through one is making me hard. >_>;;;;;
Inside The City Of Glass is a monumental masterpiece. i imagine listening to it in a huge hall must be an awesome experience...

haha.....so yesterday I got pulled over in my girlfriends dads Mini Cooper (6 speed supercharged 04') doing 85 in a 45.....listening to Katatonia......the minis have a great stereo in it..... :tickled:
that fuckin car is like a big go-cart.........Im lucky he didnt get me when I was goin 110 mph. Katatonia owned me and I was in this incredible zone.....I dont care so much about the ticket....it was a blast...... ;)

requiem said:
Seeing as the author of this thread rather humorously calls himself an 'Amon Amarth Viking' I suggest he listens to Moonsorrow and Tyr to hear truly amazing viking metal.

Also, some actual Katatonia would probably go down well if he could gather the wherewithal to actually find some.
Moonsorrow fuckin' owns.

Deliverance6 said:
haha.....so yesterday I got pulled over in my girlfriends dads Mini Cooper (6 speed supercharged 04') doing 85 in a 45.....listening to Katatonia......the minis have a great stereo in it..... :tickled:
that fuckin car is like a big go-cart.........Im lucky he didnt get me when I was goin 110 mph. Katatonia owned me and I was in this incredible zone.....I dont care so much about the ticket....it was a blast...... ;)

That whole thing (minus the ticket) sounds like a dream come true.

burton said:
That whole thing (minus the ticket) sounds like a dream come true.

It was really cool.......my girlfriend just was asking me if I regretted it now that I have to pay at least 150$ for the ticket.....and the answer is no.....I dont regret it....I had the most personal moment I have had with Viva Emptiness ever......forever with all of Katatonias previous releases I was all fucked up and in deep depressions and so it all fit really well......with LFDGD it was the transition into a new way of life for me....being sober.....and I am still unclear what Viva means to me.....but I did have a blast shooting around other cars beating the shit out of that MIni.....which actually is a sweet car....I just wouldnt want to own one.....for the money.....I was actually dissapointed when I got pulled over...not so much because of the ticket.....but because I was in such a mode and the mode was broken.,... :Spin:

whoever said LFDGD is like party music must be mad..

I love all Katatonia stuff, but my fav albums are Discouraged ones and LFDGD because the strenth of the songs and song writing is really good on these albums.

Take Deadhouse (the way they do it on the Live DVD is fantastic) which is a classic.. then listen to Tonights Music (also fantastic on the live DVD) and you can see how tidy they both are as songs, considering the distance of time between both as well its so impressive to see their style improving but the quality of the song witing being so consistantly strong.

I love the live DVD.. some complain that jonas doesn't move much on stage etc.. but if you want that go and watch aerosmith or someone like that.. Katatonia are a band to be absorbed by into that saddened state!

Her own Pride said:
whoever said LFDGD is like party music must be mad..

I love all Katatonia stuff, but my fav albums are Discouraged ones and LFDGD because the strenth of the songs and song writing is really good on these albums.

Take Deadhouse (the way they do it on the Live DVD is fantastic) which is a classic.. then listen to Tonights Music (also fantastic on the live DVD) and you can see how tidy they both are as songs, considering the distance of time between both as well its so impressive to see their style improving but the quality of the song witing being so consistantly strong.

I love the live DVD.. some complain that jonas doesn't move much on stage etc.. but if you want that go and watch aerosmith or someone like that.. Katatonia are a band to be absorbed by into that saddened state!

i didnt think it was possible, but the editing on dvd is worse than on the anathema one. it cuts every 2 seconds, it just gave me a headache, and the camera angles and shots were aweful, the sound and all was great, but i just cant bare to watch the screen. :oops: its a shame, but hey whatever.

Am I the only other guy who thinks Discouraged Ones is by far the best of their post-BMD releases?

My god, I love that album!

One of the main reasons is something that would be the downfall of other bands, most of the songs have very similar sounding riffs and drums, yet they are played with such emotion that the one fault I can find with DO is overshadowed by its overall greatness.