Kata-meeting

Zowi

Jan 4, 2006
Hi people,
as a result of the idea in the post your pic thread, I hereby open a thread for it!
The idea was to have a Katatonia meeting in MadTinus' house, which, as he said, will be open for any Katatonia forum member..
MadTinus said:
I live in Zeist, which is in central Netherlands. I have a garden, with room for a BBQ. I have a pretty large livingroom, with plenty of room for airmatrasses... I have a refrigerator, with plenty of room for beer...

AND I have a beautiful Tonight's Decision poster on my wall :D.

So! I really think this should happen!

Additional information about the date etc. will be discussed here.

Info so far:
Where
MadTinus' house,
Zeist, Netherlands

Who
Madtinus
Cerulean
VincentJ
Zowi
Cis
Bloody-Swan
Unicorn
Klaasgeert
DarkExile
Alyona ?

When
23 September

We need to find a date when as many people as possible can come.
Biggest problem for ME is I work each friday night and I can't take a day off. In august though, I don't have to work at all, but then I've got a few gigs with my band.

For me it would be easiest during the week :oops: Or maybe starting on a saturday evening, and onwards to eh... at least sunday :p

Also, we must not forget that some people here are going to Summer Breeze and Wacken.

I'm gonna do anything to get there though! And I'm bringing some bottles of Jenever...
And we need guitars.

Cerulean said:
We need to find a date when as many people as possible can come.
Biggest problem for ME is I work each friday night and I can't take a day off. In august though, I don't have to work at all, but then I've got a few gigs with my band.

For me it would be easiest during the week :oops: Or maybe starting on a saturday evening, and onwards to eh... at least sunday :p

Also, we must not forget that some people here are going to Summer Breeze and Wacken.

I'm gonna do anything to get there though! And I'm bringing some bottles of Jenever...
And we need guitars.

Yeah, but since most people have vacation now (I think?), it shouldn't be too big of a problem finding a date in august (which is the best month for me too, I'll be in France 21 juli till 5 august)..

Ok anyone who's interested should post his available dates... then we can find the most fitting date for as many people as possible.

Here are mine:
July 22 till 27
July 29 till august 4
August 6 till 14

And that's about it... The rest is filled with work, gigs, and exams.

I'm in holland at the end of september so wouldn't mind meeting some lovely forum people then for a drink :p if I can't make any other time that is.

It would have to be as late as september for me though as I'm a busy bunny and most of my weekends till then are already filled lol

as many of you know I can not leave the United States.....which is bullshit.......as I would love to meet you all....grrrr......but you know what would be the coolest of the cool.....would be to get some of the kats there too.......just to hang...

I will just send a package to Tinus..it will include pics of me laughing, crying, pointing, eating ribs, talking smack, thrashing, drinking loads of tequila...of course they will be supersized. You guys must take pictures with them. I agree to 50 pictures minimum and the girls must be all over them. I must have 5 spare ribs sent back with the best bbq sauce Netherlands have to offer and also all the Katatonia cds/vinyls I don't have..kthx!

Deliverance6 said:
as many of you know I can not leave the United States.....which is bullshit.......as I would love to meet you all....grrrr......but you know what would be the coolest of the cool.....would be to get some of the kats there too.......just to hang...

WTF? why can't you leave?

The meeting is a great idea. It would be possible for me, but then again I'm totally not a party-person. So there would be no benefit for anyone if I came. And I'd only go if Swany comes with me. :)