katatonia collection

I heard a new silverchair song and was not liking it. I didn't enjoy their last cd either but freak show and neon ballroom are very close to my <3

how much did you get teargas for? I got it a few months back for 25 off amazon.

it's year 2007 kev I don't think your argument is valid anymore. Technology has came a long way.

it's year 2007 kev I don't think your argument is valid anymore. Technology has came a long way.

I think you should know that digital is analogue in disguise...all the apparatus that decides whether there is an electric current at any given time are regular transistors, capacitators coils and resistors...the time of transition from high to low in a real digital signal should be 0 which means that the speed it rises should be infinite and degree of rise should be 90 deg....but that doesn't exist in reality...not untill we've broken the light speed barrier.
anyway in sciences rise(or fall) time in digital signals is regarded as neglectable(unless mentioned otherwise).
so indeed why is digital better than analog?
well, this is all about transmitting data between the send station and the recieve station...during transmition the signal might get changed due to interferences in the channel...and will come out warped or distorted or something...when an analog signal is sent and gets changed there's really nothing you can do but when a digital signal is sent, if changed there are several algorythms for error detection and error fixing (up to a certain extent) that will get you as close as possible to the sent signal.

now let's put the science aside...when you play a cd because it's all digitzed, the sound kind of loses it's soul(mostly for multiple conversions)...while in analog the sound remains as it was sent...analog and real...sure it might get distorted a little along the way but it stays real.

it's like the difference between a transistor amp and a tube amp...the tube gives much more "real" sound

In due time there will be no difference your ear or eye can differentiate in all things digital. not that there really is a big difference now you can notice. I personally think anyone who makes a big stink about it has the placebo effect.

eventually it comes to personal taste and sentiment...
for me the spinning record and the ability to actually feel the track...see the needle going over the record, having the big artwork and records always have this special smell...it's all incredibly sexy.

it's not a placebo effect...all the biggest trance clubs use vinyls and not cd's...because vinyls sound better.off course those clubs use the most expenssive and professional turntables on the market...
and another thing...you can't do scratching or beat juggling or pitch changing in midplay with cd's.
so yeah, they're big clumsy, have a high wear and tear, easily breakable and scratchable,bend easily etc...but people still love them.

Heres my collection:

IMAG0008.jpg

Vinyl:
Brave Murder Day Pic LP 380/444
Saw You Drown 10" 760/1000
December Songs Collectors Edition 80/333

CD:
Dance Of December Souls
For Funerals To Come (Signed)
Brave Murder Day
Sounds Of Decay
Discouraged Ones
Tonights Decision
Tonights Music (Signed)
Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Viva Emptiness (Signed)
Brave Yester Days
The Black Sessions
Brave Murder Day (Remaster)
My Twin
The Great Cold Distance (Signed)
Deliberation

Tape:
For Funerals To Come

Heres my collection:

IMAG0008.jpg

Vinyl:
Brave Murder Day Pic LP 380/444
Saw You Drown 10" 760/1000
December Songs Collectors Edition 80/333

CD:
Dance Of December Souls
For Funerals To Come (Signed)
Brave Murder Day
Sounds Of Decay
Discouraged Ones
Tonights Decision
Tonights Music (Signed)
Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Viva Emptiness (Signed)
Brave Yester Days
The Black Sessions
Brave Murder Day (Remaster)
My Twin
The Great Cold Distance (Signed)
Deliberation

Tape:
For Funerals To Come
You should move the transparent tray of your DoDS CD to either your TD or BMD CD, cause DoDS has a transparent tray when it shouldn't have one and TD + BMD need one and don't have one! Waste of the beautiful artwork!

so here it is....the moment you all havnt been waiting for....lol......I didnt take pics of any shirts past the old style......and a few posters I didnt want to get out....

newer028.jpg

newer029.jpg

now you can drool....lol

I noticed that you have WAR Compilation - Battle of pride. Can you show foto front and back of it?:worship:

...I think you greatest Katatonia collector all over the world. But this russian pirates mp3 cd in USA..:Smug: A year ago it was fully legal in Russia. But now new Putin's laws.. all mp3 sites and markets with mp3 are closed. And it's not stop piratism in Russia. Just look at this mp3 DVD 2007.o_O

Mp3_Collection_DVD.jpg

I noticed that you have WAR Compilation - Battle of pride. Can you show foto front and back of it?:worship:

...I think you greatest Katatonia collector all over the world.

Thank you...It took a few years and a alot of money......I have never known anyone to be able to match my collection...I have some stuff the bandmembers dont have.....to be honest I have sort of stopped the collection.....I need the red demo .....and the LFDGD promo....which I have passed up several times now for some reason.

I will shoot some pics of that war comp sometime....it is under quite alot of other Katatonia stuff in the "shrine" but I will do it ASAP. :)