KILLER Soldano VST Preamp

If you manage to add those things and a stereo mode (to run on stereo group channels) and maybe a noise gate, please drop your paypal for donations.
...and +1 for the Dual Rectifier suggestion!

+1 to paypal donations, you deserve some moolah.

The feature I would love the most is an impulse loader that allows you to mix two impulses, or run them in stereo.

No CPU hog here, running 4 instances along with a shitload of other plugs (such as 4+ instances of Drumagog alongside Superior 2.0) inside Reaper.

On my system (AMD quad-core something or other, Vista 64, Reaper) it's using 5-6% CPU, compared to 3% for plugins like Wagner, Aradaz, Dirthead, and so forth.

The sound is awesome though.

I'm running an old pentiumIV and with v1.12 it's using about 12-13% CPU. The new version (without any new features) is using about 8 %.

About a donation link, you can find one on my blog.

LePou

(Salut Moonlight Seeker, je suis de Shawinigan)

LePou, I must extend my thanks to you for creating this awesome plugin. :headbang:

Will you be making the new version(using less CPU and without the extra features) available for download aswell?

As I promised in your PM, I am going to post the signal chain and screen shots in here, Thanks again for your kind words and gladed you liked how it sounds Jauernis and we have to thank for LePou put his own effort on this EXCELLENT amp sim! this amp sim kicking major arse!

From this clip
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/958350/soldano test.mp3

Ok. Last night I was a psyched to geek out and try this amazing sounding plugin on my system. I followed the signal chain posted by "Bereavement" (thank you), except that I'm plugging into an MBox2/PT8 XP Pro DAW. I even have the same pickups in my guitar, awesome.... had to wrap the VST's since PT is kinda gay and doesn't like them.

I have Schecter OMEN-7 with Seymour Duncan Jazz(Neck) and Seymour Duncan JB(Bridge).

I plug my guitar straight in my Mbox2.

The Software signal chain is
Waves RComp->BTE TS Secret -> SoloC->VoxengoBoogex load up Sperimental Framus Impulse

I followed the plugin settings exactly.

Engage Rec. on the audio channel.... and POOF!!!

Sounds nothing like the sample MP3 that was posted... "soldano%20test.mp3"

How can that be? Is there something with a few Master Fader inserts? Some fancy Ozone or L2 settings?

Perhaps my direct signal blows donkey, cause the MBox2 preamps might suck it?

I'm befuddled as of right now. Can anyone shed some light on this or better yet, Bereavement, could you post your guitar dry direct signal .wav? Then I could just drop it in and test to see if it really is my MBox2 and a shitty direct signal.

I don't think it's a PT8 issue. I've successfully wrapped other VST's in PT8 with no issues. I didn't want to post any clips since they're really not good. I think I can start narrowing it down to the direct source. I'm going to try a few things with my PODXT to run it dry to simulate a preamp kinda setup.

I'll see if that works. But any other suggestions would be helpful. Possibly get a 1/2 channel tube preamp to run before the MBox2. Hmmmm....