KILLER Soldano VST Preamp

^ If that's the case it'd be very similar to a SLO100 head. Those tend to sound roughly the best with everything up at 12 o'clock.

+2 On the Mark sim. Nobody has done those amps... and they rock really hard!

Oh man I would wet myself if someone did an accurate Mark-series Mesa sim. The only ones I know of are in the Axe-Fx and sound quite convincing. But I'm not buying one.

I do find that Wagner has a lot of Mesa Mark character to its sound, though.

Ok , this sounds A LOT better than my XT , this sim actually give me a tone that is fun to play with .
We should set up an account to give money to Lepou and Nick Crow to work together in a 5150 sim right now.

Shit im probably selling the XT tomorrow :D

TOTALLY !!!! Imagine what would come out of their talents combined...

A free 5150 sim would be nice, but there are already good software 5150 sims out there (Revalver). I'd prefer another amp that hasn't really been done before, or at least done convincingly in the software realm: Orange Rockerverb, Mesa Mark series, any of the Krank models, Engl Savage, Mesa Stilleto

Pretty impressive work! I threw some random DI's through it in Reaper running on my Linux box and was impressed, not only by the fact that it sounded more like a real amp than most others I've used (unlike a lot of amp sims, it's hard to dial a useless or bad tone from this) but that it only tickled the CPU useage, even under emulation.

Its pretty much SoloC --> Voxengo Boogex w/ Guitarhack Mesa Trad 4x12 In Between --> EQ, just fine tunings some bits, cutting some 800hz/400hz, HP/LP, adding a touch of top and thats about it. 4 tracks, DI's were badly recorded.

No TS VST or anything on it.

EMG 707's in the guitar if you are interested :)

Cool!! i have kerry king's sig emg on one of my guitars.. wonder how tht's gonna sound. Ill try posting a sample tomorow if time permits. thnx for sharing dude :worship:

Ok, I can see why you guys like this plug, it seems to have potential :)

Here's my first short try with it:
http://www.keinezeit.de/mp3s/soldano/kse_blatant.mp3

Guitars are basically untouched, all EQ inside the plugin.
I just threw it on a track, put an impulse behind it and started recording, didn't spend too much time fiddling with the settings as of yet but I'm liking it...

Despite how sick I am of that riff/song, sounds fucking great dude! (especially after my suggestions :D)

Ok, I can see why you guys like this plug, it seems to have potential :)

Here's my first short try with it:
http://www.keinezeit.de/mp3s/soldano/kse_blatant.mp3

Guitars are basically untouched, all EQ inside the plugin.
I just threw it on a track, put an impulse behind it and started recording, didn't spend too much time fiddling with the settings as of yet but I'm liking it...

Can you please make a screenshot of your settings and what impulse did you use? I'm shooting for this kind of sound to use for my band's demo

Hey !!!
Been a lurker for almost two years :rolleyes:

I've been struggling with the guitar tone for my main project upcoming album. I somewhat screwed the recording of the guitars but fortunately I also recorded the direct signal.
So I'm heavily relying on amp sim to make a good guitar sound, and soloC is just amazing ! Many thanks Lepou ! :worship:notworthy (and thanks to everyone who posted nice settings :headbang: )