KILLER Soldano VST Preamp

It's funny you mention the nasal peak, Marcus. I battled with that every single time with the real deal. I thought it was the Soldano cab a lot of the time, but it seems the preamp itself has that peak. Happened with both the X99 and the SLO100.

Hey, at least that speaks to the accuracy of the sim then, for better or for worse! :D

I just tried various preamp emulators through the FX loop, and I must say the Poulin sounded by far the best out of Poulin, Wagner Mk I, SimulAnalog JCM900 and Amplitube with the Engl Powerball poweramp into a Mesa 4x12" Recto STD.

Just tried this out.

Sounds FANTASTIC!!!!

We need to share some presets on here, but ive got this + t'ss secret, plus guitarhacks impulses sounding AWESOME

Really impressed!!!

I like it better then the Wagner MK2 (plus the cool lil gui)

Try it out fellows, and lets post some good rhythm/lead preset #'s!

Sounds killer Shred!! what are u chain for this tone anyways??

Its pretty much SoloC --> Voxengo Boogex w/ Guitarhack Mesa Trad 4x12 In Between --> EQ, just fine tunings some bits, cutting some 800hz/400hz, HP/LP, adding a touch of top and thats about it. 4 tracks, DI's were badly recorded.

No TS VST or anything on it.

EMG 707's in the guitar if you are interested :)

New version is awesome! Is there a possibility that next version would have integrated cabinet impulse loader? Would make life easier with no need to load Boogex / Kefir everytime

Woohoo...was really looking forward to the update! Can't wait to try this when I get home tonight!!!! I really like how you're taking recommendations on improving the plugin and implementing them! Great job, LePou! You've got some serious talent...this sim is as good as any modeller out there, including Revalver.

Its pretty much SoloC --> Voxengo Boogex w/ Guitarhack Mesa Trad 4x12 In Between --> EQ, just fine tunings some bits, cutting some 800hz/400hz, HP/LP, adding a touch of top and thats about it. 4 tracks, DI's were badly recorded.

No TS VST or anything on it.

EMG 707's in the guitar if you are interested :)

Would love to see your SoloC settings! Really digging the tone.