KILLER Soldano VST Preamp

I recorded some of my band's stuff with Wagner on one guitar track and this on the other track.

Does anyone else get any weird digital sounding clipping when they engage the switches on the left (like the crunch one) I have a feeling I'm missing something painfully obvious.....

Anyhow, I think it sounds pretty good, but I think I like Wagner a little more right now:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=609675&songID=7434153

What do you guys think?

I recorded some of my band's stuff with Wagner on one guitar track and this on the other track.

Does anyone else get any weird digital sounding clipping when they engage the switches on the left (like the crunch one) I have a feeling I'm missing something painfully obvious.....

Anyhow, I think it sounds pretty good, but I think I like Wagner a little more right now:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=609675&songID=7434153

What do you guys think?

Nice bass sound you've got there. What did you use?

Bereavement sweet sounding guitars! Can you post how you got that sound out of solo c? Maybe screenshots? What is your guitar chain? And what drums are u using? This amp sim seriously kicks arse!

As I promised in your PM, I am going to post the signal chain and screen shots in here, Thanks again for your kind words and gladed you liked how it sounds Jauernis and we have to thank for LePou put his own effort on this EXCELLENT amp sim! this amp sim kicking major arse!

From this clip
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/958350/soldano test.mp3

I have used Gibson 2001 Les Paul Studio Plus in this recording and the stock pickups were replaced to Seymour Duncan Jazz(Neck) and Seymour Duncan JB(Bridge)

I plug my guitar straight in my M-audio DMP3 preamp then go to M-audio Delta 66 Audio Interface.

The Software signal chain is
Waves RComp->BTE TS Secret -> SoloC->VoxengoBoogex load up Sperimental Framus Impulse

the plugins I used were almost all free stuffs, except Waves RComp, if you don't have it you can find another similar free compressor easily. or you have another compressor, it will work just fine.

here are the links of the free stuffs I have used in the signal chain

BTE TS Secret

SoloC 1.02 VST

VoxengoBoogex 1.5

Sperimental Impulses Pack 1.0.9 Excellent Impulses pack and it's free, the framus impulse I used includes in this pack, can't thank ALU enough for making this EXCELLENT cab impulses pack!

here are the screen shots
wavesrcomp.jpg

tssi.jpg

soloc.jpg

voxboogex.jpg

If you have GATE plugin, you can also insert in this chain, right before Solo C and after TSS, to gate the noise, sound much more cleaner.

The drums sample I have used was Addictive Drums.
Hope this can help you : )

Thanks Executioner213 and MonochromaticStains

and MonochromaticStains, for your infromation, the tune is actually from The Haunted - All Against All, I loved that tune very much too : )

I've been playing around with this sim now that I have the Origin up and running. It's giving me clearer, tighter sounds than Wagner... I'm definitely liking it. Best free amp sim I've ever used, I think.

@GH: OoooooOOooh.

I just mixed the SoloC up with the SimulAnalogue JCM900 and it sounds freaking godly!

They blend seriously well. The SoloC lends a cutting attack to the JCM's middy sound and it results in a really chunky rock tone.

Öwen;8142571 said:
I just mixed the SoloC up with the SimulAnalogue JCM900 and it sounds freaking godly!

They blend seriously well. The SoloC lends a cutting attack to the JCM's middy sound and it results in a really chunky rock tone.

linky linky for me to clicky clicky?