KILLER Soldano VST Preamp

Pretty pleased with this tone I got using SoloC and one of my own impulses! (very middy, I know, but that's the Stiletto cab for ya, however I find it to be much less stuffy sounding than Wagner MkII, though a bit more nasal, but a cut at 2k took care of that better than any of my cuts to the stuffiness of Wagner did! Also my requisite 4k presence boost and 400 Hz wooly-mids cut)

EDIT: Reuploaded with a decent cut at 1k, kinda had the AM radio sound before :ill:

http://drop.io/Metaltastic/asset/metaltastic-solo-c-test-mp3

Mark, not really a fair test cuz one is noticeably lower in volume than the other, but I'm gonna guess "reaper" is the Soldano (and "reaperr" the Revalver, perhaps that second "r" is a clue? ;)) Can't really say which I like better cuz they're not in a mix (and the aforementioned volume differences)

wooooow... that's a lot of mids Marcus :D Well, some might like those mids but I'm just not so used to it. Still though, it does sound potential, most clips in here do. I just find it awesome that a new free-amp has been given birth to :)

Now as soon as I finish all this university crap work I've got going... I'll be toying with this.

wooooow... that's a lot of mids Marcus :D Well, some might like those mids but I'm just not so used to it. Still though, it does sound potential, most clips in here do. I just find it awesome that a new free-amp has been given birth to :)

Now as soon as I finish all this university crap work I've got going... I'll be toying with this.

Hm... I liked the clip... kinda like the "good mids" on guitar sound.

Mark, not really a fair test cuz one is noticeably lower in volume than the other, but I'm gonna guess "reaper" is the Soldano (and "reaperr" the Revalver, perhaps that second "r" is a clue? ;)) Can't really say which I like better cuz they're not in a mix (and the aforementioned volume differences)

I'll make a better comparison later this afternoon. I'll also post the settings I used etc.

*edit*

new test...stereo track one side The soldano the other side revalver 6505+

http://www.box.net/shared/f9odoc38p4

settingsy.jpg

If you take a look at the track output meters, you can see that track1 is actually more dynamic. The overall volume of both tracks is the same...but the first track output sinks deeper and shoots up higher than track 2. You can also see that the output of track 1 is a few db higher than the output of track 2, with same amp sim volume settings.

Pretty pleased with this tone I got using SoloC and one of my own impulses! (very middy, I know, but that's the Stiletto cab for ya, however I find it to be much less stuffy sounding than Wagner MkII, though a bit more nasal, but a cut at 2k took care of that better than any of my cuts to the stuffiness of Wagner did! Also my requisite 4k presence boost and 400 Hz wooly-mids cut)

EDIT: Reuploaded with a decent cut at 1k, kinda had the AM radio sound before :ill:

http://drop.io/Metaltastic/asset/metaltastic-solo-c-test-mp3

That sounds really good. Maybe still a little too much in the 400-500Hz area for me, but I think it's because of your impulse. But the potential is really there.

That sounds really good. Maybe still a little too much in the 400-500Hz area for me, but I think it's because of your impulse. But the potential is really there.

Thanks guys, and yeah, it's definitely the impulse, trust me! It's pretty ridiculous how much I already have it scooped in post-eq, any more and it just sounds unnatural, so this is about the limit :erk: Whatever, not like I'd never use ampsims for anything more than scratch tracking, and when I FINALLY get my Recto cab I'll be able to make 'pulses that slay them all! How about some props for the drum programming though, huh? ;) Took me AGES to transcribe Inferno's parts!

Hahahahaahahah, -18 dB, no mercy!! :lol: Nah, actually, here's a screen of what I had:

GTRBusEQ.jpg

Cutting any more at 400 just made things sound unnaturally hollow, so I left it at ~2.5 dB