Klimt 1918

Too bad if you don't know the real meanings behind the monicker of the band.
This means that you didn't carefully read on my fansite...
Here is the real one...

The new monicker of the band is Klimt 1918, a name that had already come into Marco's head since some time. Loving the Austrian painter and all the other artists of the Secession, he thinks it's a brilliant idea. The music of Klimt 1918, as the pictures of Klimt and Schiele, is half-way between Expressionism and Decorativism and this represents the link between essentiality of the new wave and the grand electric complexity of metal.
He adds the final 1918 after having read the famous historical-anthropological essay entitled "The Short Century" by Hobsbavn (hope this is the correct English translation!), who asserts that the 20th century was officially born in 1918, when the First World War finished, and came to and end in 1989, with the fall of the communism and the wall of Berlin. A short century exactly, that begins the same year in which Gustav Klimt himself dies.

Marco finds all this very evocative. He likes thinking about the music of Klimt 1918 as a sign of connection & break among different periods. The final 1918 perfectly incarnates this suggestion and, for certain aspects, marks like the beginning of a new day.

Besides, the date postponed to the name also wants to be his own personal homage to Bauhaus: the band of Peter Murphy formed in 1979 with the monicker of Bauhaus 1919, but then their producer chose for the shorter form which nowadays everyone knows.

http://www.klimt1918-fever.net :D

This is a PHENOMENAL band. I just recently heard a few tracks and was blown away by their beauty, atmosphere and power. Snow of '85 is the only one I heard off their new album and it is just beautiful :eek: . Two tracks I heard of their debut (Stalingrad and pale song) are just beyond description :headbang:.

All I can say, I'm glad I checked this band out. Wow, every bit on par with Novembre I say. Ok, hard to say, but dammit this is good stuff.

:D I'll be ordering their cd's VERY soon.

WORN_CARILLON said:
I wait to find it at a good price, even 16 euro is not cheap.. especially for watered down music :D

yeah, i'm waiting too, i spent all my money on my new acoustic baby (that is, guitar :tickled: ) so no money right now :erk:

WORN_CARILLON said:
I thought MKM would have some copies but they don't... so I'll look on eBay...
Scarlet, save your money for the new releases of Room With A View, Katatonia and Novembre ;)

i surely will!! ;) it seems kata are also planning to go on tour in early 2006, after the new album will be out. if they come to italy (or better, when they come, 'cause they just have to :tickled: ) i have to go to see them live, regardless where and when, i just have to see them, it's a moral duty... :D
hopefully novembre will go on tour as well so i can see them too...

dopoguerra on amazon.com is $46.32 :loco:

so until theres some other way to get that album and the others, i'll keep checking ebay, and listening to the stuff i downloaded.

i have everyone here to thank for turning me on to this band! so far out of all the songs ive heard, i love stalingrad, snow of 85, and the entire secession promo! the singers vocal melodies are just top notch!

i gotta say i like these guys more than katatonia, maybe just cause the guitars are heavier and because the drummer is much better... a lot of katatonia material tends to all have the same tempo and drum beat, which makes their albums feel repeatitive. dont get me wrong katatonia has some really great material, but i think Klimt has the edge.

...and i still like novembre above all. they are just amazing is every aspect.

I agree NovemberMourning. The only album of katatonia I can listen to from start-to-end without getting bored is Viva Emptiness, which is a masterpiece.

i obviously don't agree with the last two posts, the reason is plain and simple:

you can't say they are repetitive, have same tempo and blahblah. no one who has listened to what they've done in last 13-14 years, from jhva elohim meth to nowadays could objectively make such a statement.

of course, you can not like them. you can find them boring. musically, lyrically, or both. that is merely a subjective matter on which is useless to discuss about.

enough about this.
amen.gif

Divatkreació said:
What does the digipack edition have different from the original?

It contains a 2nd cd with a different - and fantastic - version of 'Nightdriver', a cool remix of 'Sleepwalk in Rome' by Chaos/Order, 2 new songs which aren't included on 'Dopoguerra', and namely 'Cry a little' which reminds to the old Cure and 'Never Ever', as well as other 2 different versions of 'They were wed by the sea' and 'Rachel'... not to mention the long post-rock instrumental outro at the end of the remix.
Furthermore, it's got enhanced material such as the lyrix typewritten, pictures, questions to the members of the band, thoughts about the songs, links and so forth - you can just have a look on my fansite - 02/05/2005 for a better description.
Trust me, it's really worth the buying - make it yours now ;)

I LOVE ALL KATATONIA'S RECORDS
Man, you can't feel bored while listening to 'Brave Murder Day' or 'Last fair deal gone down'... it's not possible...

I've heard all of their albums, got into them when dance of december souls was released. Katatonia are good, but klimt 1918 are definitely much better in my humble opinion. As far as Katatonia music goes, their music is linear, catchy, simple not artsy or innovative. It gets boring after a while.

Hey men, Katatonia are probably one of the most emotional bands on earth, while Klimt 1918 are good but a lot "watered down", don't tell me Katatonia are boring 'cause Dopoguerra is full of useless parts :D Nice ideas on it, but, i say it again, too much watered down... I like both but Undressed Momento was far better than Dopoguerra, and however it's hard to compare them with Katatonia's 5 last masterpieces...
Katatonia are surely more original than Klimt 1918, who has their sound apart from their followers? Katatonia marked a road, Klimt 1918 seem to be following some influences and mixing them in a personal way... i got so many friends more into non-metal music than me that say "yeah, they're nice, but U2 already exist, so not that miracle..." or something similar...
I admit i've been disappointed from Dopoguerra, I first listenened to "Snow of '85" and i liked it a lot, but i obviously compared it with Undressed Momento's songs and I think everyone of them is better... and Snow of '85 is probably the best song in Dopoguerra, in my opinion...
I hope you'll listen to Katatonia better, drum patterns and structures seem to be too easy but if you listen better to their music you'll notice how fuckin' great they are :D And hey, Renske playing the drums was enough shitty but i got nothing to say against Dan Swano or Daniel Liljekvist... i've seen both Paolo Soellner and Daniel Liljekvist on stage, and Paolo is really nice, but Daniel.. is Daniel ;)

Scarlet, as soon as tourdates are announced, i'll prepare my things for the travel :D Maybe we'll meet at the gigs ;) Did you already see Katatonia and Novembre on stage, right?

I agree with you, regarding dopoguerra, it uninspiring comparing to their previous stuff...and I like a lot this song "Because of you, tonight"

Just click on the pictures, go to properties (if you're on internet explorer) then in the "advanced post" thing of UM, click the yellow image icon which says "insert image"..and paste the link

WORN_CARILLON said:
Hey men, Katatonia are probably one of the most emotional bands on earth, while Klimt 1918 are good but a lot "watered down", don't tell me Katatonia are boring 'cause Dopoguerra is full of useless parts :D Nice ideas on it, but, i say it again, too much watered down... I like both but Undressed Momento was far better than Dopoguerra, and however it's hard to compare them with Katatonia's 5 last masterpieces...
Katatonia are surely more original than Klimt 1918, who has their sound apart from their followers? Katatonia marked a road, Klimt 1918 seem to be following some influences and mixing them in a personal way... i got so many friends more into non-metal music than me that say "yeah, they're nice, but U2 already exist, so not that miracle..." or something similar...
I admit i've been disappointed from Dopoguerra, I first listenened to "Snow of '85" and i liked it a lot, but i obviously compared it with Undressed Momento's songs and I think everyone of them is better... and Snow of '85 is probably the best song in Dopoguerra, in my opinion...
I hope you'll listen to Katatonia better, drum patterns and structures seem to be too easy but if you listen better to their music you'll notice how fuckin' great they are :D And hey, Renske playing the drums was enough shitty but i got nothing to say against Dan Swano or Daniel Liljekvist... i've seen both Paolo Soellner and Daniel Liljekvist on stage, and Paolo is really nice, but Daniel.. is Daniel ;)

Scarlet, as soon as tourdates are announced, i'll prepare my things for the travel :D Maybe we'll meet at the gigs ;) Did you already see Katatonia and Novembre on stage, right?

i'm glad i have a kata supporter in here! :D
yeah, i've seen them in milan last year.
i didn't seen novembre yet! i have to!
and yeah, we could meet at the gigs ;)
post that pic of you and daniel, i'd be curious to see it :) when did you met him? just upload the pic on somewhere and then put the URL between

thumbsup.gif

sheesh i didnt say i wasnt a katatonia fan, i just said that i liked klimts material better... but after downloading dopoguerra last night, i gotta agree with the earlier posts that it is a bit watered down compared to their previous stuff.... so i was wrong to make that comment without having heard all of klimts material...

as for the drums... daniel is a much better drummer than jonas hahaha and is definitely an improvement for the band... and i wouldnt compare jhva elohim to klimt at all... but i still say that most of the stuff has the same tempo... sorry.. dont want to offend anyone, just stating my opinion... and guiseppe is better than daniel and paolo haha :loco:

friends? :Spin: