L'Amours- the end of SX's Odyssey

urinalcakemix

man who plays drum
Jun 7, 2003
Wallingford, CT
Visit site
December 13 is the end of the tour, and although I'm glad I saw them, I'm saddened that this is the last show of the tour.

Who's gonna be @ L'Amours tomorrow? I know me, and yngster are going.

I'll be decked out with my Symphony X S/T cover T-Shirt, Tan jeans, and a crooked, too short haircut. (<3 bad haircuts.....)

Can't wait! WHEE

I'll be there. Don't know what I'm wearing yet, but I'll probably have a Black Nike windbreaker on. I don't want to bring a heavy coat in because it gets hot in that place, and it's a pain to carry around. I'll probably wear my Odyssey long sleeve underneath. Oh yeah, I have basically no hair (balding). Say Hi!

I do hope they throw in an extra song or two tomorrow night since it's the last night of the tour and all.

Prismatic Sphere said:
I'll be there. I'd say I'll get there around 9. So I'll have a good 2 hours to drink before the main event. It'd better not fucking rain.
You may be drinking for more than 2 hours then!! :Spin: I'd be surprised if they're on much earlier than 1am.

urinalcakemix said:
December 13 is the end of the tour, and although I'm glad I saw them, I'm saddened that this is the last show of the tour.

Who's gonna be @ L'Amours tomorrow? I know me, and yngster are going.

I'll be decked out with my Symphony X S/T cover T-Shirt, Tan jeans, and a crooked, too short haircut. (<3 bad haircuts.....)

Can't wait! WHEE

I'll be there and I'll have my camera. Don't know what I'm wearing yet, but I'm sure it'll be something black and tight. Whatever the case is, just look for the redhead with glitter makeup carrying a camera.

~Christina

Yep, I'll be there as well (5th time I'm seeing them on this tour).

I'm wearing my Opeth long sleeve at the moment, and I don't plan on changing. You can't miss me; 6' tall, shaved head, and I'll be with my tall red headed wife.

Zod

These guys get better and better every time I see them, even after 70 something shows on the road they still come out and put on a kick ass performance. I got there around 10 and luckily only had to put up with a couple of openers, none of them were really all the good. Symphony X came on around 12:30 and just completely owned for 90 minutes. My only complaint was that they cut out Of Sins and Shadows. It was cool to have Russ talk to the crowd for a few minutes and all, but personally I'd prefer another song. The setlist is the same as everyone knows... Inferno, Wicked, Evolution, Accolade II, Communion, King of Terrors, Smoke and Mirrors, Sea of Lies, Oddysey. And Russ also said that they may play some more shows before they release another album, so hopefully they'll be back soon! By the way trying to find people at concerts is ridiculously hard

yeah I was there too, AMAZING performance once again by the guys. I saw the first show of the tour at the downtown and the last show at lamour. If anyone got pics of the show please post them!

what a damn good show. that was the first time i've seen em, i wanted to hear a few more songs though, but it was amazing! They played excellent, romeo just as amazing live as i've ever heard him on the albums. i am also saddened the tour is over, i'm really hoping to see them again soon, in the mean time i'm gettin all my friends to check them out and most of them are liking it a lot. :) Thank you Sym X!

wow - what a show. Yes, the lighting was bad, and it didnt help having 4 guys six inches taller than you standing RIGHT in front of you in the pit.. Jesus. Great crowd, great looking crowd =) - so many more good looking females than Toad's . unreal.

The moshpits were fun at first, but by King of Terrors, i was done with em, and gradually moved up, and away from those tall people - w00t.

The part where the band missed that note in Wicked, and made russ look bad was funny, and the whole getting Romeo back thing was funny, although in that 10 minute working the crowd section I would have preferred another song. Candlelight fantasia?

Great show, smoked Toads - and I the T-Shirts were discounted. I got the 5 Tee-Shirt for 15, and the Odyssey long-sleeve (out of T-shirts =/) for 20. WeWt!

urinalcakemix said:
wow - what a show. Yes, the lighting was bad, and it didnt help having 4 guys six inches taller than you standing RIGHT in front of you in the pit.. Jesus. Great crowd, great looking crowd =) - so many more good looking females than Toad's . unreal.

I might have been one of those 4 guys ;) where were you standing

:lol: He was pretty much right in the middle, maybe a little to the left, about 3 or 4 rows back. He was the short pudgy kid :D At first I was all the way on the left in the pit right behind the staircase, but when people starting moshing I kept finding myself in different spots even though I hadn't joined in on the moshing. And yeah that was funny when Romeo missed that one chord at the end of Wicked during Russ's giant solo thing.

I was like dead center, second row of people. I had my Nevermore shirt on. Also this was the third time I've seen SyX, and the first time I've seen any form of moshing for them lol. Although i wouldn't really call it moshing, more like hopping, but still....hehe

Hehe, you shoulda looked behind you, there were like 5 or 6 people throwing each other around, including one really small girl who was really getting into the moshing... that was pretty cool

yeah I did look behind me on a few occasions, i saw what I guess could be considered moshing as far as Symphony X's context would be concerned. I suppose in my head moshing is what I saw the night before that during Children of Bodom/Nevermore/Dimmu Borgir ;)
Regardless it was an amazing show. What happened to Out of the Ashes and Accolade I? At the first show I got an actual setlist and they were on there, just crossed out, which I assumed was because of the sound problems they had that night. Did they leave them off for the rest of the tour? I also got a drumstick at that first show :) What a great tour.