Lets have a pics thread :)

Exactly. If I'm going to party, I'm not going to be buying expensive, high quality beer, just to chug down like an idiot. I'm going to buy something cheap that I can fit a lot of in my stomach. If I'm going to enjoy a beer for the taste, then I'm going to drink something good.

How come there's so many beer snobs in this world who don't understand that?

Makes no sense at all. I'd rather enjoy a 6 pack of Newcastle ale, than drink a 12'er of BornInTheAss Lager (or insert chep beer of your choice) . That's like saying, I want to get high, so I'll smoke this ounce of ditch weed, when a bong or 2 of better stuff will give you a better buzz. Not all buzzes are created equal! Cheap alcohol of ANY kind usually equals BAD hangover. Now, if you're supplying beer for a bunch of unknowns at a party or "stunt" drinking, then the generic, cheaper beer would be a wise choice. If it's good friends, then I don't skimp on the essentials.....Just mhfo

Or you could try my high-quality beer prescription:

From this past weekend,

l_646005fe1d734e5800ee4f0c31c1a3eb.jpg
10% ABV, 22-oz bomber, double Arrogant Bastard

l_ebf6b26f766ffab3ac7f8fccf6386043.jpg
not really strong, but you can brag you've had a beer from Wyoming

l_bf37d70bbb2e6cc0200a502ce6ecebd6.jpg
10% ABV, 22-oz bomber, truckload of hops

l_90246b3f67f996fe5d1c4b0815d2234b.jpg
7% ABV, 12 oz

And I second J-Dub's response. Cheap alcohol gives a cheap hangover. And per Jeff's argument, beer snobs realize there is no point in drinking beer just to get drunk. We drink for the quality, and the buzz is a benefit. :Spin:

i'd get along well with you guys. better beer = better times.

the dumbasses and their frat buddies all buy case upon case of piss and think they're connoiseurs of beer.

ahhhh, beer! a grand subject, i must say. next to hockey, it's our national passtime (drinking, discussing, brewing, looking at). buying a case of budweiser (or any other "beer flavoured water" up here) is highly frowned upon. anyone a fan of any canuck beers?

ahhhh, beer! a grand subject, i must say. next to hockey, it's our national passtime (drinking, discussing, brewing, looking at). buying a case of budweiser (or any other "beer flavoured water" up here) is highly frowned upon. anyone a fan of any canuck beers?

I like Canadian lagers. I wish I could remember what they were serving up on tap at the lodge I was at. Absolutely the BEST lager I ever had. I'm more of an ale guy, but this stuff kicked ass.......

Cheap alcohol gives a cheap hangover. And per Jeff's argument, beer snobs realize there is no point in drinking beer just to get drunk. We drink for the quality, and the buzz is a benefit. :Spin:

I'm going to say first that I'm not much of a beer drinker. Mostly because most of the stuff I have had is crap. Interestingly, the best tasting beer is the one I didn't buy.

But the above holds true for any alcohol. I cannot understand why people buy cheap alcohol, be it beer, wine, mixers or spirits.

The difference between a <$25au bottle of rum and a <$25au bottle of vodka is the colour of the food dye they add to the metho...

I don't get hangovers. Even with the morning after those pics, i woke up and felt great. Cheep beer is great for the wallet man, especially for a broke ass like myself.

like i said, i enjoy better beer if i'm just having a few kicking back, but if i'm trying to get drunk, i'm going for something lighter that can be consumed in mass quantities without making me feel like i'm gonna die.