Lets have a pics thread :)

abq, we would get along great drinking beers man, have you tried the india pale ale yet from sierra nevada?

Hell yes! And their Brown Ale was damn fine too.

Do you get Avery (Boulder, CO) distributed where you are? Try Maharaja. Damn, that is one hell of an Imperial IPA. All of Avery's beers rule though.

i'd get along well with you guys. better beer = better times.

Just as long as we leave Dream Theater discussions out of the festivities. :heh:

ABQ - invite me to one of your parties anytime :D

Just let me know when you're touring through the area. :lol: You bring the Unibroue though (all I can get here is La Fin du Monde - no Trois Pistoles).

Hell yes! And their Brown Ale was damn fine too.

Do you get Avery (Boulder, CO) distributed where you are? Try Maharaja. Damn, that is one hell of an Imperial IPA. All of Avery's beers rule though.

Just as long as we leave Dream Theater discussions out of the festivities. :heh:

Just let me know when you're touring through the area. :lol: You bring the Unibroue though (all I can get here is La Fin du Monde - no Trois Pistoles).

the Maharaja is fantastic!!! i order it whenever i can find it :D

And I second J-Dub's response. Cheap alcohol gives a cheap hangover. And per Jeff's argument, beer snobs realize there is no point in drinking beer just to get drunk. We drink for the quality, and the buzz is a benefit. :Spin:
Two responses:
1.) I'm a broke 21-year-old.
2.) I'm a stupid young person who does drink just to get drunk. :)

I'm not trying to downplay the difference between good and bad beer. It's just annoying when someone posts a picture of them drinking cheap beer, and a million people jump on and brag about how much better their beer is.

And the weed analogy... I don't know if I agree. With beer, a comparable amount of the cheap or expensive beer will get you just as drunk, so I go easy on my wallet. With weed, you can buy some shitty dirt weed and get an okay buzz, or you can buy some crazy hydro or purple and be out of your mind (no, I'm not a stoner).

That being said, I'm gonna go. Me and my friend are making a half-joking power metal project. Yesterday we cranked out an album opener in an hour and ten minutes. :headbang: Later, guys.

When I'm drinking with the sole purpose of getting drunk, I buy vodka... for your dollar, you get a decent amount of standard drinks, at unbeatable cleanness (if you buy a semi decent vodka, like smirnoff). NEVER felt bad after drinking it. Though, I'm somewhat hangover proof, so I may be biased in one sense. Seriously though, it's a matter of the impurities in the drink that get you, not the alcohol itself... white spirits are alot cleaner than average beer (or beer at all). Cheap cask wines contain the most impurities, but then they do have a decent amount of alcohol for the dollar too (but you'd have to be desperate lol).

my favorite "i wanna get drunk but not hungover" prescription is quality scotch, single malt. oban is my favourite. maybe there should be an "alcohol" thread to discuss beer, spirits, et. al. instead of using the pictures thread...

When I'm drinking with the sole purpose of getting drunk, I buy vodka... for your dollar, you get a decent amount of standard drinks, at unbeatable cleanness (if you buy a semi decent vodka, like smirnoff). NEVER felt bad after drinking it. Though, I'm somewhat hangover proof, so I may be biased in one sense. Seriously though, it's a matter of the impurities in the drink that get you, not the alcohol itself... white spirits are alot cleaner than average beer (or beer at all). Cheap cask wines contain the most impurities, but then they do have a decent amount of alcohol for the dollar too (but you'd have to be desperate lol).
Good call. Vodka ROCKS for the dollar value, it's a good drunk, and not a bad hangover. Mixes well with anything, and shots aren't too bad. BUT, for me, I seem to do really crazy/stupid/dangerous things when vodka is involved. ;)