Lets have a pics thread :)

Isn't it a shame how dream theater have lost the plot, i think its portnoys fault. I have been a fan since day one and it upsets me to see what they have become.:cry: :cry:

you wouldnt understand the dissapointment i went through when i got six degrees, i'd only heard a couple of the songs on budokhan, like the test that stumped them all, and i thought it was amazing. I bought the album and its a joke. What sort of metal band has a concept album about disabled kids. No offense to disabled kids, but they just aren't what i think of when i hear 20 note per second solos and double bass pedals. Seriously that was one weak album, after that I was prepared for how shit systematic chaos would be, and when I finally get round to buying systematic chaos, I'm sure i'll still be suprised by the level of suck that has been achieved.

you wouldnt understand the dissapointment i went through when i got six degrees, i'd only heard a couple of the songs on budokhan, like the test that stumped them all, and i thought it was amazing. I bought the album and its a joke. What sort of metal band has a concept album about disabled kids. No offense to disabled kids, but they just aren't what i think of when i hear 20 note per second solos and double bass pedals. Seriously that was one weak album, after that I was prepared for how shit systematic chaos would be, and when I finally get round to buying systematic chaos, I'm sure i'll still be suprised by the level of suck that has been achieved.

They are trying to be to experimental. Why cant they do another images and words.

I enjoy almost everything they do musically, its just what goes on in the vocal department that really pisses me off, the dark eternal night is unbearable, and in constant motion i just skip to the instrumental, i'm hoping the rest of the album isnt that bad

From what ive heard i really like the new album. Call me a fan boy, but theres nothing DT have ever done i havent liked to some degree. Bad DT > alot of other music out there.

metallllllmattforweb.jpg

i figure if i spam this thread enough no one will ever see my paedophillic comments.

Honestly, this is the first DT cd I will not buy. It's suckage is seconded only to FII. I'm saying this as a DT fan since almost the beginning. For me, it's "Stick a fork in em'" time. I never thought I'd say that...ever......

...I'm tired of their meanderings....Will I still see them live? Possibly. I'd love to see an I&W set,
just to see how James adjusts, since I'm willing to bet he can't hit a lot of those highs anymore. Do I repect them as musos? Sure. Do I respect their current direction (including the last few years)? No. Stick a fork in them....

Isn't it a shame how dream theater have lost the plot, i think its portnoys fault. I have been a fan since day one and it upsets me to see what they have become.:cry: :cry:

They are trying to be to experimental. Why cant they do another images and words.

What is "missing" from Dream Theater is Kevin Moore.

I'm off to get my copy. We'll see if I join the ranks of the disappointed.

From what ive heard i really like the new album. Call me a fan boy, but theres nothing DT have ever done i havent liked to some degree. Bad DT > alot of other music out there.

Preach on, brother. Like SymX, DT can do no wrong in my eyes (though I personally don't like the first album from either band).

And 6DOIT isn't about disabled kids. The entire 2-discs are explorations of dependencies, loosing your grip on reality (eg. mental health), loss of faith, and - ultimately - death. Not that I'm saying, "Like it DAMMIT!" If it's not your cup-o-tea, then it's not your cup-o-tea.

I'd have to agree as well. I've heard most of it and it's very good. A little slow for me but I still like it.

Preach on, brother. Like SymX, DT can do no wrong in my eyes (though I personally don't like the first album from either band).

And 6DOIT isn't about disabled kids. The entire 2-discs are explorations of dependencies, loosing your grip on reality (eg. mental health), loss of faith, and - ultimately - death. Not that I'm saying, "Like it DAMMIT!" If it's not your cup-o-tea, then it's not your cup-o-tea.

... > 6DOIT >>>> SC > 8VM > TOT > WDADU:loco: And 6DOIT rocks.