Lets have a pics thread :)

Cheers J-Dub!

Cool photos Dan. Your hair is getting long too m/

Thanks man, its getting there... A very metul goatee is next on the agenda...

Dan, it looks like you play practically above the neck. How do you do that? You don't rest your hand on the bridge or anything?

I think it partly appears moreso like that because I've got the extra 3 frets at the end of the neck, but from memory I used to rest my wrist on the bridge, but that meant that my wrist was far too bent, and that my pick was almost on a backward angle... I've since straightened my wrist, moved the pick angled forwards which has naturally put my hand in that position over the neck pickup. When riffing on the lower strings, my hand moves back a little towards the bridge, but on the higher strings moves forwards over the neck. I think its partly a natural outcome of my Classical Guitar training as well perhaps...

Pop Quiz: What do Caparison, Dream Theater, and Macs all have in common?

You don't like any of them...

And obsessive/self congratulatory fanboi's :lol:

Good god, i really hope pmp isn't a mac user or else it'll look like i'm ripping on him only :erk:

Luckily for you I'm not a Mac user... :Smug:

I've had to use them in a recording course, but they're stupid and I didn't like them... :mad:

Yeah here's a photo that highlights the change...

Was:
P1020165.jpg

Now:
P1040360.jpg

They asked us some questions, and some questions were like "Are you aware of this? (insert interviewer's opinion)," one of which we flat out disagreed with... I think it pissed him off. But he was being the Terry Goodkind of band interviews, just using it as an excuse to throw in his own opinions and stand on a soapbox.

Overall, it was cool. I'll see if I can find it and post it in English.

like the headstock.... alot, not the inlays.... at all, cool marbled color, nice guitar. What makes them so expensive ? or is 3K AUD less than 3k US ?

If you can see closely, the inlays are actually little clocks, and each clock says the time of which fret number it is eg. Fret 3 = 3 o'clock etc. so they're actually pretty kewl...

3K AUD at the moment would be a bit over $2.5 US atm...

like the headstock.... alot, not the inlays.... at all, cool marbled color, nice guitar. What makes them so expensive ? or is 3K AUD less than 3k US ?
What makes them so expensive is that they're some of the most well constructed and easy playing instruments in the modern shred world.

What makes them so expensive is that they're some of the most well constructed and easy playing instruments in the modern shred world.

I checked them out after asking this question and discovered its got more to do with

1. Handmade, low production (primary reason)
2. custom finishes
now for the cha ching gimmicks payed through the nose for
1. 27 FRETS....... WOW!
2. "little clock" inlays that number the frets so you cant get lost & confused........ :heh:
3. a "fancy" back cut to allow easy access to the upper frets of the BOLT neck, which undoubtedly is attached with special hightension lags...... :rolleyes:
4. gold hardware which always drives the price of guitars through the roof even though its typically only $10 more per unit from the manufacture such as Floyd Rose or Grover
5. use of high speed easy playing woods........ :p

In all seriousness however this is the going price range for all the big name upper end guitars like Gibsons, Gretsch, signature Ibanez, Paul Reed, ect., ect. Hell an American Strat is $1400 (LH)now. Popular name half stacks are well over $2000 not to mention boutique amps. So the price is not out of line if you have the money for that kind of equipment. Myself being left handed have never even held a high end guitar in my hands let alone played one at volumn with a band to make any evaluation of what constitutes a better playing and sounding guitar. Prolly never will either...... :mad:

So my feeling is Progs Horus is a damn nice (expensive) guitar that also looks excellent but has some gimmicks I'd have no desire to pay for. I actually like black hardware (& dots) on solid body double cutaway electrics which typically cost more or same as gold hardware... :rolleyes:

Nice guitar dude ! :headbang:

I'm gonna have to agree. My Strat destroys most of those expensive-ass guitars in terms of tone and playability, and it's hundreds of dollars less even with the mods I've done (dude, that SUCKS that the LH versions are that much!).

But still... I dig those clock inlays. They look sweet. :)