Lets have a pics thread :)

Babys are so wonderful. I remember the bonding that occured the first time I held my daughter like it was yesterday, only it was nearly 19 years ago. Young ones bring new hope......

Rightie, aka the silent majority. We don't seem to feel the need to brag.

That might be because, 500 years ago you didn't have to worry about getting burnt at the stake, or 100 years ago, beaten until you learnt how to write right handed, or even now, deal with the dangers of living in a right handed society :)

That might be because, 500 years ago you didn't have to worry about getting burnt at the stake, or 100 years ago, beaten until you learnt how to write right handed, or even now, deal with the dangers of living in a right handed society :)
Yep, my grandmother is one of those who was beaten to within an inch of her life at school because she's a lefty. Her writing has always been atrocious because of this.

I'm a righty, but learnt to knit lefthanded/righthanded because my grandmother taught me. I sat facing her, trying to copy what she did, so my knitting style is the most warped anyone has ever seen, but I make beautiful baby cardigans :)

Btw Jax, your grandson is a little cutie!!

They were still pulling some crap when I was in school. Though I was allowed to write left handed, I was supposed to turn my paper 90* on its side and write SIDEWAYS or up depending on how you want to look at it. I would turn it back straight and proclaim "I dont read a book sideways I'm not going to write sideways!" It was a battle they eventually gave up on. All so our letters dont slant in the "wrong" or "improper" direction. I do a few things right handed most of which involve tools that shouldnt be used lefthanded. Honestly scissors were always the biggest problem, painfull and if loose nearly unfunctional. Todays new plastic handled scissors are ambi and work fine.

Indeed. I don't think being left-handed is a crippling disability or anything, but at times it can definitely be inconvenient. It's just little things designed for right-handed people that can be a real pain in the ass for me to use. Watches, cameras, can openers, lathes, drills, sports equipment, and don't get me started on "ergonomic" crap that doesn't do shit for lefties.

I never had problems with watches, cameras and can openers but you did just remind me that with the older hand drills I always wind up setting the trigger lock, I have an old gigantic 1/2 drive that has given me a few seconds of excitement more than a few times....... lol

I always enjoyed winning arm wrestling matches with my right arm and then saying "well that was fun, now lets switch..... Im left handed" its the devil I say ! =}:-0

I got the sideways crap too. I told them off too. Love left handed arm-wrestling. :D

Never had problems with anything being "wrong handed". I use the computer mouse in my right hand like normal. I wear my watch upsidedown on my left wrist. By upside down I mean that it's oriented normally, just rotated so the face is under my wrist instead of on top of it. I snowboard/surf/skate Goofy, which is the equivalent to leftiness. My writing doesn't smudge or anything stupid like that. I do slant forward when I get lazy though.

I never had problems with watches, cameras and can openers but you did just remind me that with the older hand drills I always wind up setting the trigger lock, I have an old gigantic 1/2 drive that has given me a few seconds of excitement more than a few times....... lol

I always enjoyed winning arm wrestling matches with my right arm and then saying "well that was fun, now lets switch..... Im left handed" its the devil I say ! =}:-0

Drills are the worst! My micrometer is also for right-handed people which can get really annoying, too. My screwdriver is ambidextrous, but I am more comfortable using it in my right hand.

When it comes to writing, I never had a problem. In fact, many people are surprised when they see that I'm a lefty, telling me that my handwriting is really nice, especially for someone who's left-handed.

A few years ago I spent a couple of weeks in Germany. My host mother was setting the table, and she gave me my fork in my right hand. I switched it over, and for the rest of the dinner she stared at me while I was eating in amazement. She said she never met anyone who was left-handed, and for the rest of my time there she looked at everything I did :tickled:. I also had to teach myself how to use chopsticks because whenever I'd ask anyone, I'd pick them up in my left hand and they'd respond with a resounding "HELL no!" :lol: