Lets have a pics thread :)

Yea, I've wanted to start left handed discrimantion, marches, protests and sit in for decades. I want equal rights go-dangit ! We are after all much smarter than the rest of you pagan fools........ :lol:

I'm actually fairly happy with my Kramer and hotter Pups would go a long way. It really needs a refret and good luthier to file the frets and I'd have better action. Im actually thinking about duplicating the body with a solid ash or alder "chunk" and see if I get better tone and sustain, not that its bad just not as good as better guitars. I think its a laminated body as it was a middle of the road Japanese model. I like the import pointed Kramer headstock and trimed Strat body so its not like I want to get rid of it.

I agree 100% about the Stratocaster, most playable, good lookin, versatile, sweetest clean sounding solid body for the money, though you do still pay a bit for the name on American made jobs. Its the standard by which all followers would copy and build upon. I did sit and play an American Strat back in the early 90's when they were around $6-700 and it felt like I had been playing it for years. The real Legend. I avoid Les Pauls like the plague, always wanted one, but the price :erk:, so while theres been plenty I could try out, I just ignore them, why bother going where I really can't or will not venture anyhow?

You do have to pay for the name a bit with the Strat, but yeah, not nearly as much as with a Gibson. I would love to have a Kramer some day, they make some kickass guitars. I did get some hotter pickups... but I gotta say, despite the noisiness, I miss the single-coil lead tone (check out the second solo in "Executioner" on my band's page, that's the best tone I've ever managed to get).

Woops, the pics thread is getting filled with guitar talk.

I miss the single-coil lead tone (check out the second solo in "Executioner" on my band's page, that's the best tone I've ever managed to get).

Woops, the pics thread is getting filled with guitar talk.

tis good tone and solo :headbang: is that the strat for opening riff on Panic ?

secondly what would one expect on a music forum

my drummer would really be into you guys, big time old Metallica freak and thrash in general. Good stuff, great guitar work.

K.... nuff music talk on picture thread....... :lol:

Im going to have to scan some of my old band pictures so ya'll can see I was young once too..... :lol:

I'm left handed but I play guitar righty. Learned that way from the start. I had it in mind that it would save me money later, and I'm glad I did.

Im ashamed to say while Im fairly physically athletic, Im not very coordinated or syncropated, even left handed I'm a slop fest for solos. I started right and couldnt get a thing going, as soon as I bought that first cheap acoustic and switched the strings I was up and playing. I just found out Marc Knoffler is another lefty playing right handed, in addition to Steve Morse and Joe Perry. They dont come much better than Morse. Oh well some got it some dont, but I do have rhythm, Ive played with guys that have better dexterity but are less complex or creative rhythmically, I'm still pretty elementary though by comparision to "pros".

I'm left handed but I play guitar righty. Learned that way from the start. I had it in mind that it would save me money later, and I'm glad I did.

me too. The primary school I went to did guitar during music class, and only had right handed guitars at the time, so that's what I learnt on. When I picked it up again later on, it was still what was comfortable with me. (I remember walking into a shop, and being handed a left handed guitar, and thinking to myself. Wtf is wrong with this guitar? it hadn't clicked that I'd naturally picked it up right handed)

I've always wonder if doing so has held me back, but unlike a lot of things (I do a lot of things "right handed") it's one thing I've never been able to switch back.

Kenneth, I could've wrote that last comment of yours So how many lefties are here after all? Reveal yourselves!

I can't play lefty at all. By contrast, I'm lefty at nearly everything else. My typing is around 45 wpm with just my left hand, and 85 with both. Much crappier with just right.

What makes them so expensive is that they're some of the most well constructed and easy playing instruments in the modern shred world.

In my opinion and experience this is not far from the truth, despite the fact you were being sarcastic... :heh:

I checked them out after asking this question and discovered its got more to do with

1. Handmade, low production (primary reason)
2. custom finishes
now for the cha ching gimmicks payed through the nose for
1. 27 FRETS....... WOW!
2. "little clock" inlays that number the frets so you cant get lost & confused........ :heh:
3. a "fancy" back cut to allow easy access to the upper frets of the BOLT neck, which undoubtedly is attached with special hightension lags...... :rolleyes:
4. gold hardware which always drives the price of guitars through the roof even though its typically only $10 more per unit from the manufacture such as Floyd Rose or Grover
5. use of high speed easy playing woods........ :p

In all seriousness however this is the going price range for all the big name upper end guitars like Gibsons, Gretsch, signature Ibanez, Paul Reed, ect., ect. Hell an American Strat is $1400 (LH)now. Popular name half stacks are well over $2000 not to mention boutique amps. So the price is not out of line if you have the money for that kind of equipment. Myself being left handed have never even held a high end guitar in my hands let alone played one at volumn with a band to make any evaluation of what constitutes a better playing and sounding guitar. Prolly never will either...... :mad:

So my feeling is Progs Horus is a damn nice (expensive) guitar that also looks excellent but has some gimmicks I'd have no desire to pay for. I actually like black hardware (& dots) on solid body double cutaway electrics which typically cost more or same as gold hardware... :rolleyes:

Nice guitar dude ! :headbang:

Pretty much right, although they don't even make LH models, and the Gold hardware is exactly the same price as Black hardware, it just depends on what you want. But yeah all handmade, hand sponge finished etc, and being the self-absorbed shredder wannabe that I am, 27 frets wasn't a gimmick it was a requirement... :p

All that aside, it just felt the most comfortable in my hands than any other guitar I tried, even more expensive ones, and i like thesound of it so I went with it. Also the store I got it from is excellent and the guy who owns it (Shane) knows his stuff and gives excellent after sale service which definately helps with the decision... :cool:

EDIT:

I'm definately not a lefty, but I can use my left hand better than most right-handers because my right arm was in a sling for half a year when I was younger...

All that aside, it just felt the most comfortable in my hands than any other guitar I tried, even more expensive ones, and i like thesound of it so I went with it. Also the store I got it from is excellent and the guy who owns it (Shane) knows his stuff and gives excellent after sale service which definately helps with the decision... :cool:

that's the most important thing...beyond whatever it looks like on paper or costs (assuming you are in a position to not worry so much about cost when it comes to finding THE instrument).

Then again, this is from the perspective of the guy who guy his brand new musicman axis supersport with upgraded maple top for $650:p (I was holding out on telling that story until I finally posted pics....the full story will come when that happens, it's epic and I win pretty hardcore).

OMG I didn't know how many lefties this forum had!! No wonder i love you all so much!! I'm a lefty too.. only things I do with my right hand, is the way I hold a knife and fork (its how i was taught when i was little so im comfortable with it), and using the mouse.. even my whole left side of my body is slightly larger than my right (most people the right side is slightly larger, they even make right shoes slightly larger to account for that, so often my left shoe is too tight and my right shoe too loose :lol:)..

OMG I didn't know how many lefties this forum had!! No wonder i love you all so much!! I'm a lefty too.. only things I do with my right hand, is the way I hold a knife and fork (its how i was taught when i was little so im comfortable with it), and using the mouse.. even my whole left side of my body is slightly larger than my right (most people the right side is slightly larger, they even make right shoes slightly larger to account for that, so often my left shoe is too tight and my right shoe too loose :lol:)..

You are such a freak :p (but I still love you :D)

How I use a mouse is just weird. I use a right handed mouse (button setup) in my left hand.

Left-handed high five to all my fellow lefties :D

The only things I do with my right hand are for using cooking utensils and scissors. Back in pre-k all the nice safety scissors were for right-handed people and the ugly crusty ones were for lefties.

Me and my beautiful grandson, when he was a month old. Can ya tell he has me wrapped around his little finger? :lol:
n634627931_493384_4152.jpg