Lets have a pics thread :)

:rolleyes: You asked why I felt that way about the cd and I explained. What I was referring to with that statement were more analysis-based things that would've involved discussion that few people on the forum would be interested in and even fewer would follow (because there aren't a lot of people here study music, few of which study it beyond the guitar). Intentionally, there was not one thing in my post that anyone here couldn't follow and/or respond to. If you don't want to know why I have a certain opinions, then start by not asking me to explain them to you. I wont even bother with a lengthy response about how ironic it is for you to be telling anyone else to get over themself, as it is painstakingly obvious everyone here (with the possible exception of you). Congratulations on once again baiting me out of an otherwise good discussion and into some argument you'd rather have over arbitrary (and non-existent, for that matter) issue. If you choose to continue with this promise me you'll read your posts to yourself aloud, preferably while looking into a mirror. At least then I'll know one of us is enjoying this.

Its alright, I understood where you were coming from... ;)

S&M really shined on some songs and the other songs were just not that good. Too much of James going "WOAHHHHHH" and "YEAHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH YEAHEYAHEAH EHAHHHHHHHHHH WOAHHHHHHHHHH WOH WOH WOH WOAHHHHHHHHHHH" followed by Kirk going " WAHHHHHHHH WAHWAHWHAWHAHWH WAHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHWHAHWHAWHAHWHAWHAWHHWAH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" just go too much.

Songs like Outlawtorn, One, Bleeding Me, and a couple others were quite nice though actually. I like Metallica, favorite being And Justice.. and hopefully this new album will not be another St. Anger. If they're bringing back solos then I'm hopefull.. and the dude that produced Rein in Blood is doing this stuff.. so I'm staying optimistic.

And.. SHOOT ME AGAIN I AIN'T DEAD YET!!!!!!!!! SHOOT ME C'MON SHOOT ME AGAIN ! YEAH WOAHHHHHHHHHH WAOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I actually had reservations about the orchestral arrangements and questioned if it actually worked, as in enhanced the music. The balance of sound was a failure as well, maybe Kayman & crew got the Newsted treatment.

2638264008_7f23ab98c2.jpg

Me being a ham at the merch table at BARfest a couple of weekends ago.

Am I the only one who finds v guitars just too odd/uncomfortable?

Probably not, but when sitting down they simply force you to play in the classical position (ie: with the lower V horn in between your legs). And considering I do that with my Washburn (strat shape) anyway, it would be fiiine... In theory.

:rolleyes: You asked why I felt that way about the cd and I explained. What I was referring to with that statement were more analysis-based things that would've involved discussion that few people on the forum would be interested in and even fewer would follow (because there aren't a lot of people here study music, few of which study it beyond the guitar).
Awesome. I pushed the right button. :lol: You do realize you're really insecure and pretentious about being different and knowledgeable about music?

:lol: I agree with Ken here. I do respect your ideas, but that rant was quite unnecessary.
I do study music beyond the guitar but I never mention it just everytime I get (or don't get) a chance to.
Oh wait, I just did. :lol:

:lol: I agree with Ken here. I do respect your ideas, but that rant was quite unnecessary.
I do study music beyond the guitar but I never mention it just everytime I get (or don't get) a chance to.
Oh wait, I just did. :lol:

If you're talking about the initial response it wasn't even a rant...I was answering a request, from Ken, to explain my opinion. It wasn't about taking advantage of the opportunity to point out that I study music, it was:

a)Replacing another paragraph or more full of reasons why I don't like things on that that album with a simple statement that pretty much covered it

b)Keeping arranging/theory talk out of the general forum since there's already a separate forum for that. People here have made comments before about not wanting to read things like that on this forum, which is a reasonable complaint considering the musician's forum is a click away.

I mention things like that when they are relevant. I can't even believe how overblown you guys have made such an arbitrary thing.

Awesome. I pushed the right button. :lol: You do realize you're really insecure and pretentious about being different and knowledgeable about music?

At least you're not shying away from the fact that pushing people's buttons on the internet is something you get off on. There's nothing insecure or pretentious about me. The way you read into that comment is simply ridiculous. Again...YOU asked why I held those opinions, so if you can't handle the response, then simply move on. For someone who gives himself so many pats on the back for being able to debate things with logic and maturity (entirely innaccurate on both counts, btw) you really seem to hate it when people have logical, well-thought, thouroughly explained opinions that differ from your own. If that's not a TRUE sign of insecurity, then I don't know what is. Have you ever tried applying the same reasoning you are using here to call me pretentious and insecure to yourself and your own comments? If you want to see some real displays of insecurity and (especially) pretentiousness, then take some time to go back through this forum and read even just a few of your comments on music, politics, books, entertainment, other people, and just about everything else you've ever talked about on this forum.

You've made a habit of attacking people on this forum, baiting them into ridiculous arguments, and then finding some way to spin it all around just enough to convince yourself that you're not just some brat with high-speed internet. Why the mods have put up with you for so long is beyond me, because all you seem to do around here is talk down to anything and anyone you don't like and detract from otherwise good discussions.

Now, if you're going to respond (I don't why I said "if") with the same typical bullshit you always fall back on everytime you disagree with someone on this forum, then don't bother. You'll be wasting your time posting anything else about how pretentious or insecure I am, how awesome you are because you supposedly have better things to do than post here, how intelligent and mature you are, etc. Unless you have anything to say to me that's constructive, worth reading, and on-topic (i.e. not relating to this ridiculous argument you've started), then kindly fuck-off...and I honestly mean that in the nicest, most civil way possible.:)

Ahhhhhh another thread plagued by kenneth's ceaseless antagonism, dont know why I bothered venturing out of the musician's forum, I can't pretend I didn't know what to expect.

At least you're not shying away from the fact that pushing people's buttons on the internet is something you get off on. There's nothing insecure or pretentious about me. The way you read into that comment is simply ridiculous. Again...YOU asked why I held those opinions, so if you can't handle the response, then simply move on. For someone who gives himself so many pats on the back for being able to debate things with logic and maturity (entirely innaccurate on both counts, btw) you really seem to hate it when people have logical, well-thought, thouroughly explained opinions that differ from your own. If that's not a TRUE sign of insecurity, then I don't know what is. Have you ever tried applying the same reasoning you are using here to call me pretentious and insecure to yourself and your own comments? If you want to see some real displays of insecurity and (especially) pretentiousness, then take some time to go back through this forum and read even just a few of your comments on music, politics, books, entertainment, other people, and just about everything else you've ever talked about on this forum.

You've made a habit of attacking people on this forum, baiting them into ridiculous arguments, and then finding some way to spin it all around just enough to convince yourself that you're not just some brat with high-speed internet. Why the mods have put up with you for so long is beyond me, because all you seem to do around here is talk down to anything and anyone you don't like and detract from otherwise good discussions.

Now, if you're going to respond (I don't why I said "if") with the same typical bullshit you always fall back on everytime you disagree with someone on this forum, then don't bother. You'll be wasting your time posting anything else about how pretentious or insecure I am, how awesome you are because you supposedly have better things to do than post here, how intelligent and mature you are, etc. Unless you have anything to say to me that's constructive, worth reading, and on-topic (i.e. not relating to this ridiculous argument you've started), then kindly fuck-off...and I honestly mean that in the nicest, most civil way possible.:)

Just can't resist...+++1...:headbang:...:kickass:...:)