Lets have a pics thread :)

:lol: I love Ken I just find it a bit much to hear him of all people accusing others of being insecure and pretentious about being different and knowledgeable about music...:heh:

But seeing as this is the pics thread, we need a pic...

guthrie4.jpg

:cool:

:lol: prolly '73 Jack, Mike and I, Mike was a wickedly able drummer, drum & bugle core trained so he had his cadences down, havent seen him in over 20 years, my 30 dollar Kay guitar before upgrades :lol:
earlydays1ii8.jpg

Heres Jack and I again in prolly '86 both left handed, his cousin on the drums and barely visible behind me another friend with a Les Paul. Jack went on to be in a very successful local gig band from 96-05
1986wk9.jpg

HAIR - when I had it, this was 78 or 79 with a new Malamute pup
hairandfuzzypuppiesfc9.jpg

:lol: I love Ken I just find it a bit much to hear him of all people accusing others of being insecure and pretentious about being different and knowledgeable about music...:heh:

:cool:

Like I said, not saying I'm not just as much of a cunt, but if it takes one to know one, I certainly am an expert at picking them out of a crowd! :lol:

Anyway... moving on.

Bubbs (Hobbs) and I at a weight pull, being told what a good boy he was after a pull
bubbsandiqx0.jpg

here he is carrying on as he did to start a sled, thats me at the far left, driving him from behind, unheard of in modern times but was "the law" in Alaska during the gold rush years. Now everyone calls from the end of the 16' finish line. He would not pull that way, just stand there and look at me, he had to be driven from behind and its how I trained him anyhow. Great single lead dog too which is very rare as well, most run a pair in the front, he would Gee/Haw (left/right) what ever I wanted... that is so long as he was in agreement... lol... Damn was I proud of that boy
myboybubbslj4.jpg

Lay off the backbiting or I'm gonna send some of ya to the corner. Last time I'm gonna say anything..now post some pics or move along.

Dan posted guitars and funny looking people. I intend to do the same.

guitar.jpg

Yeah, I got rid of the "beard" once again. Maybe for good this time.

That is a great photo Dan, I would not be able to keep it together around those guys, such an inspiration over the years. Myung is a trip, I'd have to bust his balls to see whats really going on there, something is going on with that guy, his still shots are always such a curiosity

I'm not Dan, but I believe that is a Caparison BH-R pickup.....
Sometimes you can find them on E-bay, but they are not available for sale by the company or any of its agents....

Pretty sweet ? I'm still not sure I can validate the funds involved. Looks like a typical bolt neck wood guitar to me, with nice paintjob and funky inlays. Maybe it all in the build details ?

edit: oops... picture thread... lol

Shit, dude, that pic with DT is massive WIN!

Side note: Damn, Petrucci is ripped. With each coming DVD, he gets bigger and bigger :lol:

haha, yeah he's massive... :cool:

Dan posted guitars and funny looking people. I intend to do the same.

Yeah, I got rid of the "beard" once again. Maybe for good this time.

hehe, nah you gotta have a beard man, to keep your chin warm... :p

That is a great photo Dan, I would not be able to keep it together around those guys, such an inspiration over the years. Myung is a trip, I'd have to bust his balls to see whats really going on there, something is going on with that guy, his still shots are always such a curiosity

He's super focussed all the time, I guess that's what it takes to be an amazing bass player by day, and a ninja by night... :heh:

I'm not Dan, but I believe that is a Caparison BH-R pickup.....
Sometimes you can find them on E-bay, but they are not available for sale by the company or any of its agents....

J-Dub has it, they're just the standard bridge pickup on the Horus model, but people who want EMGzorz and the like will often take it out and sell it on ebay if you want one...

Pretty sweet ? I'm still not sure I can validate the funds involved. Looks like a typical bolt neck wood guitar to me, with nice paintjob and funky inlays. Maybe it all in the build details ?

edit: oops... picture thread... lol

:lol:

Well, I feel that way with all the high end guitars not just that one, but its because I just dont know. Its like they go from $5-6-700 to suddenly $2500 and then its like "what happened all of a sudden to that slab of wood and generic hardware"

Dan - to be honest Myungs expressive appearence or lack there of reminds me of my own when out in a crowd, the term wallflower was once commonly used. Thats why I believe there is alot going on inside the guys head, hes a watcher, observer, thinker not the life of the party or attention whore type.