lets see some pics of everyones set up..

Pretty sure they're Audix D2's - and Adam, now that I see your monitor stand situation, just get some downward-angled iso pads! Also, though, I'd say you could use a new desk, cuz doesn't it suck not having your laptop centered (because of that drawer on the right), and therefore not sitting directly between your monitors? :zombie:

all very ghetto really, until i find a decent house to buy, then im goin all out!!
im able to get decent results i think :)

102_2203.jpg
102_2204.jpg
102_2209.jpg
102_2210.jpg
102_2211.jpg
102_2212.jpg

102_2202.jpg
102_2198.jpg
102_2199.jpg

Pretty sure they're Audix D2's - and Adam, now that I see your monitor stand situation, just get some downward-angled iso pads! Also, though, I'd say you could use a new desk, cuz doesn't it suck not having your laptop centered (because of that drawer on the right), and therefore not sitting directly between your monitors? :zombie:

The desk has drawers on the left too, it's perfectly symmetrical, just can't see because of the angle and the chair in the way. The laptop is about 2" shy of center because of the damn rack on the right which is why it would be ideal to make some racks that double as monitor stands and throw the gear in there haha...

And yeah, tom mics are D2's on the racks and D4 on the floor.

haha yeah, i made my singerchange those cause they were pretty cheesy. he took out the mighty steed part lol. the song is on my studio myspace its called drive. the guy in the pic is just my buddy who posed for the shot haha he doesnt really sing or anything

The desk has drawers on the left too, it's perfectly symmetrical, just can't see because of the angle and the chair in the way. The laptop is about 2" shy of center because of the damn rack on the right which is why it would be ideal to make some racks that double as monitor stands and throw the gear in there haha...

And yeah, tom mics are D2's on the racks and D4 on the floor.

Who's the naked dude trapped under the drum kit? :lol:

Dude, that chair must be so fucking uncomfortable! o_O And those monitors look pretty freakin' high, unless you're like 6'3!

Dude, that chair must be so fucking uncomfortable! o_O And those monitors look pretty freakin' high, unless you're like 6'3!

It is kinda uncomfortable indeed :lol: Haven't just bothered to get a new chair. They're not actually that high (and they're further from the wall than it seems in the pic), they're just perfectly at my ear level, and I'm not even tall (180cm when I last measured IIRC). The pic somehow messes up the dimensions, probably because I used a tripod with the camera and it was set pretty low.

all very ghetto really, until i find a decent house to buy, then im goin all out!!
im able to get decent results i think :)

102_2199.jpg

Are those Apex 185's as overheads? Dude, the best advice I can give you is GET RID OF THEM!!! They're only hurting your recordings. Seriously, they're fucking horrible. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this to help. There's waaaaay better mics out there for about the same price.