lets see some pics of everyones set up..

Hahaha, nice $10 Wal-mart lamp Aaron :heh: And the little lamps on the racks (which have a FUCKLOAD of stuff in them I might add, damn) look like great mood-setters! Just using Auralex LENRD's as your bass traps though, for shame!! :lol:

studio1ff5.jpg

FUCK I want a US-2400.

~006

My production suite in my apartment:

studio_finished_02.jpg

Fellas, ya'll go and get yourself some roomtreatment!!

That looks like the red room in Twin Peaks. I'm waiting for agent Cooper to walk through the curtains. I want my garmonbozia!

Is that the same room where that creepy midget used to dance?

I was too young to remember that show, but I vaguely remember some creepy midget dude dancing in a red room...Always freaked me out for some reason. :lol:

A creepy midget that talks backwards-forwards!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36_vlZha7bg&feature=related[/ame]

I was too young to remember that show, but I vaguely remember some creepy midget dude dancing in a red room...Always freaked me out for some reason. :lol:

I never did watch the show until it was off the air. I rented the whole series sometime later with a girlfriend I had at the time. The pilot for the show was certainly some freaky shit.

I heard some great things about twin peaks for a long time, but as a die hard David Lynch fan I was surprised by its cheesiness.

I still don't fully understand why they stopped making the Tascam US2400..

It was something to do with the EU regulations on solder if i remember rightly... but that's still ghey!

I heard some great things about twin peaks for a long time, but as a die hard David Lynch fan I was surprised by its cheesiness.

If I'm not mistaken, David Lynch directed the pilot and a few episodes I think. The writing was taken over as the show developed, and yes, it did get very cheesy. I love David Lynch as well. Blue Velvet is the one of the best films known to mankind.

It just dawned on my how humongous the JCM is if it dwarfs those other two, which are no slouches themselves! (I know the angle heightens the effect, but still, look at the overhangs). And why is it so hard for 5150 owners to keep all the knobs on their amps? :lol:

It just dawned on my how humongous the JCM is if it dwarfs those other two, which are no slouches themselves! (I know the angle heightens the effect, but still, look at the overhangs). And why is it so hard for 5150 owners to keep all the knobs on their amps? :lol:

This is the EXACT same lineup i want in the future.. which one would you pick as your favorite for now Marcus?

Here's my setup. The pillow kills the odd reverb from the dresser, and who knows, maybe it'll keep my crappy Ikea dresser from falling apart.
DSCF4697.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
On the "wow that's not so bad" side this thing is way quieter than how I had it before, sounds exactly the same recorded (although muffled and dark in the room) and I can reach the head from where I am sitting, which is convenient as hell.

Hahaha, nice $10 Wal-mart lamp Aaron :heh: And the little lamps on the racks (which have a FUCKLOAD of stuff in them I might add, damn) look like great mood-setters! Just using Auralex LENRD's as your bass traps though, for shame!! :lol:

Actually it's a $10 Fred Meyer lamp dude, you're way off :lol: It serves it's purpose though- after putting up a bunch of that pyramid foam (replacing white walls with a dark color), the room became way too dark (visually, not acoustically), even during the day. So, that silly lamp aiming light at the white ceiling does a pretty good job! As for the little lamps, I just added them about a week ago, and they're definitely good mood-setters, especially during mixing or during anything that's relatively chill. I contemplated getting some classier track lighting mounted to the ceiling, but I don't want to go too overboard since I'm still at my parents house...AND I'm hoping to buy a house within the next few months, since there are so many foreclosures going for prices that I can actually afford to get into. If the house happens, then it will mean I found one that will suit a studio quite well, which means things will get classier ;) At that point the plan will be to ease away from full time grocery store management/part time recording, into full time recording/part time grocery store cashier and really give recording the time I need to.
And as for bass traps, I actually feel quite confident in my ability to judge the low end in my current setup. There's a specific spot in the room I'll stand that makes it even easier to judge too. In the new house I'm going to make every accommodation possible/affordable for acoustic accuracy though, which would likely include the home made bass traps everyone talks about on here. They look pretty classy with the right placement and fabric!

I still don't fully understand why they stopped making the Tascam US2400..

It was something to do with the EU regulations on solder if i remember rightly... but that's still ghey!

I always thought it had to do with the lead content in the chassis of the thing, but I could be wrong. Definitely a strange thing for the EU to crack down on, though...
I got the US-2400 for $449 brand new on eBay about three months before Tascam discontinued them :headbang:

I knew it was something to do with it's metals at least.

Really stupid of Tascam not to continue building them..!

I was about to get one before the discont. which was seriously stupid of me not to take the chance.

I'm moving in a couple days, so pictures of my set up (meagre as it is) will be shown there..

Now its hard to get a used US-4200 for less than $700..... I bought mine a few months back for $650.. I was worried about it not working under Vista 64, but someone finally found a workaround.