lets see some pics of everyones set up..

Seeing monitors crammed into a corner just next to the wall and without any acoustic treating in the room always makes me shiver :lol:

AFAIK, He uses the Truth's for mastering.

My band recorded an EP with a Danish producer called Anders Ruby, who has worked with, and is inspired by, Tue. Anders uses the Truths for tracking and some mixing (not mastering), and I would think that Tue does the same. Just a guess though.

My humble setup.

Samson monitors have been replaced with Adam A7's

New computer cab too..

Im drawing up plans for a custom desk Im gonna build and fill with hardware once I finish college.

studio.jpg

front_pics.jpg

This is where i work.... some of the gears mine... so i guess that kind of counts

l_dbb0a81d323b400682696e6d359c0fa1.jpg

some of the stuff in the rack.. the Tg2 was on holiday/getting fixed

l_0213f5a3b0874481b7ebfd156c2ed0b5.jpg

some amps + me

l_533bab3c18e64264af50f1b2349ba590.jpg

More amps

l_6ac032d178cf402bad8678d1b40c69b5.jpg

Typical drum set up

MetalJonesy: yea, they are passive Tannoy Reveals. Maybe 5 years old. They are actually not very good, but everything that's noticeably better is a lot more expensive and I don't have the budget atm ... :/

MetalJonesy: yea, they are passive Tannoy Reveals. Maybe 5 years old. They are actually not very good, but everything that's noticeably better is a lot more expensive and I don't have the budget atm ... :/

i was wondering what the passive tannoys sounded like, as ive been using some tannoy precision 8gs for a few mix sessions at one of the college studios and thought they sounded pretty responsive, and a nice tight mid, with not too much boomy bottom end, which i was pleasently surprised at for active monitors

Chryst: it isn't that difficult. Just make sure you get matching colors. Everything is either dark brown, red, white or dark grey. And all the light is indirect light. Lots of redlights behind the acoustic panels and under the couch the only white light is the one above the desk and that is angled towards the red curtain, so it creates a spot there and doesn't appear white while still illuminating the keyboard enough to type.

MetalJonesy: if I had money, I'd change them in a heartbeat. My car stereo (default system that came with the car) is more revealing than those Tannoys :)

Finally cleaned up the room a bit to be photo worthy. I don't have a great camera so this is about as good as it gets:

studio1ff5.jpg

Not pictured: 8-core Mac Pro