Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

I just saw a report on TV about a french rock festival, including The Klaxons, The Arcade Fire, Phoenix and Queens of the Stone Age.

Something like 10 years ago, in the same festival, I saw Iggy Pop, Sepultura, Tool, Marilyn Manson and Punish Yourself.

My conclusion will be : I hate 21st century rock music.

I'm starting to dislike COB, i don't know why :( even though Blooddrunk isn't quite bad.

^ I started to dislike them due the image they seem to be portraying recently, eg "OMGHATEBLOODDEATHMURDERCREW ALCOHOL IS COOOOOL YAYAYAYOW"

^I know, they're not awesome anymore, they're just fine now. And it's like when i have Ensiferum and COB on my playlist i'll just forward COB and listen to Ensi.

^They're awesome, every single solo is fantastic.. but i just can't get a hang of the vocals.

^ I started to dislike them due the image they seem to be portraying recently, eg "OMGHATEBLOODDEATHMURDERCREW ALCOHOL IS COOOOOL YAYAYAYOW"

:lol: You dislike a band because of it's image and nothing to do with it's music? Wow. Although I will admit I am not too much into them anymore either.

^Same here but i got Norther instead. Im liking they way they are evolving. The next album will be kickass i bet!

I love Petri, and I love Norther, but I will say their last album or two have been shit, N is awful, they're not even trying anymore imo... the album before that had a few good tracks but again, nothing great overall. Only band that really delivered imo out of the "Holy 3" on their newest CD was Kalmah.

I'm starting to dislike COB, i don't know why :( even though Blooddrunk isn't quite bad.

not to mention kssing eachother, pink guitars, nailpolish, more make-up than i ever saw on my sister, etc

I just don't like the current direction...it's not bodom.

all +1

I love Petri, and I love Norther, but I will say their last album or two have been shit, N is awful, they're not even trying anymore imo... the album before that had a few good tracks but again, nothing great overall. Only band that really delivered imo out of the "Holy 3" on their newest CD was Kalmah.

Yeah well i liked "N" honestly. It has some good tracks and they were good live too. Their intro's on the latest are weak though :s

:lol: You dislike a band because of it's image and nothing to do with it's music? Wow. Although I will admit I am not too much into them anymore either.

You know perfectly well that ""OMGHATEBLOODDEATHMURDERCREW ALCOHOL IS COOOOOL YAYAYAYOW" applies to their music as well.

Yeah well i liked "N" honestly. It has some good tracks and they were good live too. Their intro's on the latest are weak though :s

Well that is cool, to be honest though, I'm so fucking tired of giving leniency to bands I love who USED to be amazing then turn out shit CDs but I still force myself to like them. No more. N was just nothing special at all to my ears, compared to their other work so, I'd rather listen to the new Kalmah album because it's fucking awesome and consistent with their older works.

Me too, I really, reeeeeeeeeeeaally hope they come back here again soon. It was literally one of the best shows I've ever seen. I wish they'd tour more :cry:!

Well hun, if you're gonna show your emotions like that to them, i'm sure they're gonna tour more. :)

You know perfectly well that ""OMGHATEBLOODDEATHMURDERCREW ALCOHOL IS COOOOOL YAYAYAYOW" applies to their music as well.

"OMGHATEBLOODBODOMDEATHMURDERCREW ALCOHOL IS COOOOOL YAYAYAYOW" has been part of their music and image since I got into them in 2003. Maybe not alcohol so much before FtR but everything else was there 10 fold. I just matured for Bodom I think, I mean, it's awesome music but I think it's geared towards a younger crowd.

Well that is cool, to be honest though, I'm so fucking tired of giving leniency to bands I love who USED to be amazing then turn out shit CDs but I still force myself to like them. No more. N was just nothing special at all to my ears, compared to their other work so, I'd rather listen to the new Kalmah album because it's fucking awesome and consistent with their older works.

Yeah i know what you mean. I first hated "N" then started liking it. I first loved blooddrunk now i can't stand it. Because it just makes me think why can't they just be what they were....the old original cool bodom! Tbh Blooddrunk is not that original...it's another "trash-wannabe" sound with some melodies,keyboards and insane solos. Im sorry i feel that way really...i wanted to like the album :( :erk: