Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

I was just about to go to a festival this Friday and today I got to pick the train tickets and was told that the railway is broken because of the landfalls caused by rain. Then I got home and found out it was actually a bridge's leg that fell down because of the floods. So the train would be delayed with 200 minutes and the bus is told to be risky because of the landfalls again, so dunno what I can do and there's no way I'm paying 110 euros for a damn flight. That's thrice the price I paid for the damn festival ticket. :lol:

I know the sync between the backing track and my vocal video isn't perfect, but could you guys give me some tips on how to improve my vocal technique?

Last edited by a moderator:
do not do vocals so young, it will fuck up your vocal chords, your pipes arent really developed until 16 or even later, its a bad idea to start growling at such a young age, anyone will tell you that

Well, seeing as when you are growling properly, you are supposed to feel the stress in your gut, not your throat...you are probably doin it wrong. It will fuck up his vocal chords if hes doing it wrong.

But yeah, don't force anything that feels uncomfortable or painful in anyway. If it hurts, it hurts for a reason, and there is a massive difference between a tired voice, and a blown voice.

ok....

do not do vocals so young, it will fuck up your vocal chords, your pipes arent really developed until 16 or even later, its a bad idea to start growling at such a young age, anyone will tell you that

I'd give the same advice. I DON'T think the growling will fuck up your voice if you do it absolutely 120% right from the start....BUT 9/10 people can't do it right at first and even so It will stress your vocal chords before you have It down. There is no such thing as instant way of learning it or doing it right. First your vocal chords must just learn to handle the strain (yes even if you do it right, at start it won't be quite as easy to keep it from hurting).

So yeah, It's important not to scream or growl when your voice is breaking, trust me! I did it...at 13-15 I was screaming my lungs out. I have thrashed a part of my voice and I'm certain of it. I can growl without any pain or discomfort nowadays though..