Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

I'd give the same advice. I DON'T think the growling will fuck up your voice if you do it absolutely 120% right from the start....BUT 9/10 people can't do it right at first and even so It will stress your vocal chords before you have It down. There is no such thing as instant way of learning it or doing it right. First your vocal chords must just learn to handle the strain (yes even if you do it right, at start it won't be quite as easy to keep it from hurting).

So yeah, It's important not to scream or growl when your voice is breaking, trust me! I did it...at 13-15 I was screaming my lungs out. I have thrashed a part of my voice and I'm certain of it. I can growl without any pain or discomfort nowadays though..

Again, the same can be said with regular singing. Growling isn't as extreme or intense as metalheads would like to think. I mean, metalheads are notoriously weak nerds, yet they still managed to come up with growling.

Its just common sense to do whats natural, and what doesn't hurt, but fanboys of bands will try to sound EXACTLY like the people they want to be, which is a noise their throats can't make yet...so they are more likely to hurt themselves. A beginner trying to project his voice melodically can strain himself just as bad.

Again, the same can be said with regular singing. Growling isn't as extreme or intense as metalheads would like to think. I mean, metalheads are notoriously weak nerds, yet they still managed to come up with growling.

Its just common sense to do whats natural, and what doesn't hurt, but fanboys of bands will try to sound EXACTLY like the people they want to be, which is a noise their throats can't make yet...so they are more likely to hurt themselves. A beginner trying to project his voice melodically can strain himself just as bad.

This is very true, I won't even dismiss the fact that I myself tried to sound like various other vocalists when i started out. It just doesn't work that way in either case. No one will sound EXACTLY same...the scream will most probably get unique.

Quick fact: Whispering is harder on your throat and vocal chords than growling. That's something to think about!

Really? How so?

It strains the voice more because you kinda tighten the vocal chords. (as ive understood it) Also, when you are having a cold or have lost your voice It's better to speak normally even if it feels hard than whisper according to melissa cross. And shutting up totally is the most efficient way to regain the voice. This is all very true.

It strains the voice more because you kinda tighten the vocal chords. (as ive understood it) Also, when you are having a cold or have lost your voice It's better to speak normally even if it feels hard than whisper according to melissa cross. And shutting up totally is the most efficient way to regain the voice. This is all very true.

Source? This all sounds like total bullshit to me, coming from someone whos blown his voice out maaaany times.

Shut the fuck up with that "the goat"-shit.

Shut the fuck up with the whiney cunt shit.

I don't know what to cook tonight.
I'm thinking of trying to cook with Tofu and Ginger, as I never have. weee!

Whiney cunt shit? Who's the one who gives his 2 cents into every single topic even though no one's interested?

Two cents is different from complaining. Dislike it leave.
I'm just saying your complaints go just as un-head as my two cents, and you've acted like it since you've joined. "Shut the fuck up with the XXXXX thing", "Fuck off with the stupid XXXXXX posts", "Stop doing this and blah blah". Sorry to burst your bubble but you're a massive e-bitch. I read, and reply, generally rather honestly and unbiased.

Anywhoo. I made Stir-fry with tofu. It was pretty good for the first time ever cooking with tofu. Tasted like shit at first but I think I started to get used to it : /