Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

my gym has been closed over a week and doesn't open until monday D:
I've done NOTHING the past 2 weeks but eating and lots of drinking. D:

Yeah, I went home, didn't work out and ate like shit but I didn't overdo it. I am ok with that, but I left early because I knew that it was heading down a bad path :lol:

My real gym is closed too... but the one in my building good enough for now. But hang in there my pals, at least eat clean because that is the biggest part.

i eat like shit around family and over-drink when friends are over and try to balance it with bland tofu + greens meals for lunches :p

Gym opens back up tomorrow, and working on an 0mG new years routine.
Lots more running, I want to be able to go 500m without having chest pains of death :/

Also going to double my vertical jump :p, hardcore parkour!

I've been doing 3X8-12 for the past while, no real gains strength wise (till I creatined the fuck up), I gained a little size in my shoulders and arms, a lot in my legs/calves... but most of it is still hidden beneath fat. At first I didn't care but ater getting in a fight over the break I really wanna get a good base of strength, then once I stop progressing I'll switch to isolation and get swole as fuck. Besides, the guy who can squat +200 will always have more muscle than the guy who just pumps curls and can barely do 135lbs. That's my goal anyways, we'll see how this is by March.

How about you, what are you going for?

going to lift for power, keep it simple, push/pull routine. Work the calves a lot especially.
I also want to get good at running, but the chest pains I get set in at about 500m, and takes a few min to heal up before I can stand to get winded again. Soo, I might see my doctor about that :p.

I also want to do yoga, and plenty of plyometrics, but I don't want to hurt squat/DL gains. I might just wait until summer to do Yoga, so I can do it outdoors in the woods listening to music :lol:. All this because my roommate used to be in a parkour group, and it looks like so much fun if you're good at it, so we're going ot train for that :D. I want to start working and living downtown again. I'm sure I'd love it if my place wasn't a total fucking dump.

ater getting in a fight over the break I really wanna get a good base of strength

Strength is good to have but it depends on your goal, the guy pumping curls wants to go to the beach, show off his guns and think he's impressing other guys so he's doing what's right for him.

Strength, size and appearance gives you confidence, it makes people think twice before picking a fight but when it comes down to it you need some skills.

There's nothing like knowing you can back yourself up in a situation, people can detect it, there's been a few times when guys tried to start something then backed off, it's saved me more times than I know. Controlling my ego also helped. :lol:

s

Strength is good to have but it depends on your goal, the guy pumping curls wants to go to the beach, show off his guns and think he's impressing other guys so he's doing what's right for him.

Strength, size and appearance gives you confidence, it makes people think twice before picking a fight but when it comes down to it you need some skills.

There's nothing like knowing you can back yourself up in a situation, people can detect it, there's been a few times when guys tried to start something then backed off, it's saved me more times than I know. Controlling my ego also helped. :lol:

s

Well I am confident to defend myself, and Im scary looking/loud enough that 8/10 guys won't even fuck with me after the initial bullshit exchange.

I just want more strength so I can control the situation more. I got tackled hard which was kind my fault for letting it happen. I surprisingly fought good off my back, took no damage and overpowered the guy and got back up but, in the future I'd like to be able to explode up from that position...

>Implying guys who work out for aesthetics do it to impress other guys.

This :lol:

I just want more strength so I can control the situation more.
I get what you're saying.

To control the situation more is not about strength, for instance, give someone a strike to a point of weakness will take their mind off their strength for long enough to get them off balance, to the ground or follow up with another strike.

You don't see women buying bodybuilding mags and over here the gyms get busier in the weeks leading up to Gay Mardi Gras.

s