Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

Mid way through week 9 of SL 5x5.

Just did

Squat 82.5kg

OHP - 50kg

DL - 100 kg (2 x 20kg plate)

Waking up with sore shoulders, I can't seem to straighten wrists for squats and it feels like my lower delts/upper triceps are trying to separate from the bone. I've also been doing those shoulder dislocation exercises so that could be causing a bit of the soreness.

Added to that I have a niggling pain in my right shoulder, feels more like RSI pain from a thin muscle under my delts, have been renovating and sanding window frames, I suspect this has inflamed it.

That 1MR stuff is helping me eek out those last few reps, each time I think I'll stall next session yet still keeping up with the programme - feels good!

s

Only 80 people were actually there?

Probably less.

And, holy fuck, who asks for Spaghetti-O's :lol: I thought you were telling some joke. Honestly, how much do you think they dropped on the thing?

Over $8,000... Including open bar and ice cream float station. All people did was sip wine and eat the hor d'oeuvres. Tomorrow I get to do a wedding, 130ppl, 3 courses, plated. Fuck me.

^jesus christ why do people not appreciate food

@s: Fuck yeah, you're only doing like 20kg more than me for squats /feelsgoodman

If that was meant to be an insult to him then you failed. I'm assuming he's had his dick sucked at least once in his life so he automatically beats you in achievements unlocked so far.

If that was meant to be an insult to him then you failed.

Wouldn't care if it was, I'm running my own race.

I'm still improving on technique. Yesterday I tried starting OHP with elbows in front of bar, dunno how I overlooked that tidbit for so long. An hour later my lower triceps were sore, felt good!

you're only doing like 20kg more than me for squats /feelsgoodman

Is that 5x5? That's pretty good going.

'only' 20kg more. :lol:

s

Not precisely, I'm running a "trial" of a regime for six months. One week 4x6 at a given weight, next week 4x8, next week 4x10 then increase weight. On squats I'm currently doing 60kg 4x8 which is pretty comfortable (but still work :lol:) so it's a similar amount of reps.

I'm still improving on technique. Yesterday I tried starting OHP with elbows in front of bar, dunno how I overlooked that tidbit for so long. An hour later my lower triceps were sore, felt good!

That is a huge oversight man! But it definitely makes a huge difference and it's good you caught it. Before every workout if I have time I quickly go over the "How to Master *LIFT*" pages on SL website. Good to have the tips in mind when you go to the gym and get a chance to practice them. You have to be aware of everything for proper technique all the time. It's not something you will ever get to stop doing and it makes sure that you're always on the top of your game improving. The tips I have in mind for OHP are:

Start with bar across collar bone, elbows in front of bar
Squeeze glutes to keep back straight as you bring the bar overhead
Bring head forward under bar and chin almost touching chest while still looking ahead
Make sure arms, elbows, everything locks at the top
TAKE A FUCKING BREATH AT THE TOP, much easier than if you breath at the bottom of each movement
After breath, bring bar down to starting position, then exhale as you press weight up again and repeat

tbh I feel like shit... I haven't had the chance to lift because of school in about a week... eating like shit too because of stress and lack of time... not an excuse but I'm really pissed at myself. Luckily this is the last week of school and during the next 4 months off I'm gonna be really dedicated like I was the first 7-8 weeks I was on this program. Sucks because I got my OHP up to 95 and now I think all my lifts will be lower since I haven't done them in a while.

I havnt been in almost a month. Life has been pretty shit past while, I haven't been eating properly or anything and its making me really depressed. Work is going to slow down soon, hopefully I can get back on it then. Feelsbadman, when you get off it for a while you can feel the lack of endorphins and vitamins in you. Its shitty, I know exactly how to feel better and get going, but lack all desire to do so. All this on top of I'm getting kicked out of my home soon very soon and havn't done a single thing to plan for that. fffuuuuuu.

Career oriented lifestyles are awesome, if you get paid well :p

Before every workout if I have time I quickly go over the "How to Master *LIFT*" pages on SL website.

I started doing this when the weights were getting harder, I take a diary to gym and before I go I check the site and write a tip next to the exercise so I don't forget.

The tips that helped me most were for DL - not to have my hips too low. Squeeze glutes hard helped with OHP and now I'm starting to do that for bench. etc.

The elbows in front didn't 'seem' to make that much difference. Was glad my lower triceps were burning, they've always needed more size and all the exercises I've done always worked them higher up.

tbh I feel like shit... I haven't had the chance to lift because of school in about a week.

I know how it is, I've taken off longer periods, when I can't train steadily I try to drop in when I can just to do some maintenance.

I'm making the most of my time off work and have been lucky to get this far uninterrupted, Easter's coming up soon, dunno how that'll pan out, also going away for a week with a girl next month ;) & gym will be the last thing on my mind.

..now I think all my lifts will be lower since I haven't done them in a while.
More than likely, though it shouldn't be too much of a setback, you won't have to start from week 1.

In the past I've come back after a short break and somehow pushed harder, could be due to complete recovery or perhaps more stored energy but it was always short lived.

s

Happy Judgement day!

s-SKYNET-large.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/20/skynet-terminator-self-aware-april-19_n_851452.html

s