Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

In Aus. we don't have ketchup/catsup we call it tomato sauce (the half sugar stuff).

Tomato paste is what we use for pizza, etc. and we also have tomato puree for whatever else.

Tomayto, Tomahto.

No.

Tomayto, Tomahto is simply a different pronunciation based upon the development of the English language in different cultures. Despite the different pronunciation, they still refer to the same thing.

You, and apparently your entire backwards nation, have it wrong.

Tomato ketchup, the sugary stuff, is based on some really old classical Asian sauce. Tomato sauce is a puree sauce made of tomatoes, its proper term is then tomato sauce. Over the years it has become what we know of to be ketchup (Heinze being by far the only acceptable one to buy). There are alot of classical Chinese sauces that use tomato ketchup, but the ketchup they use where I work comes in 5L cans and almost looks like tomato sauce.

Anywho. Look up the definition of tomato paste and tomato sauce.

unless you actually put tomato paste on pizza, that's fucked up.

You, and apparently your entire backwards nation, have it wrong.

It's not wrong to us, tomayto/tomahto = ketchup/sauce.

Anywho. Look up the definition of tomato paste and tomato sauce.

The definition is obviously a US sauced :p one.

Speaking of Heinz, coincidentally 146 jobs to be lost as Heinz closes tomato sauce factory

Note how they call it a sauce factory.

Interestingly enough I recall we had Heinz sauce for quite a while then we started to sell Heinz ketchup, I suppose this saved on label costs for exporting, it was the same stuff. Even though we buy Heinz ketchup nobody here calls it that and no other brand calls it ketchup.

Anyone here would sound like such a redneck if they called it ketchup.

s

1003855_75308_A_400.jpg

Do you guys have this putrid stuff?

Is it in ketchup or what you call sauce/paste?

s

1003855_75308_A_400.jpg

Do you guys have this putrid stuff?

Is it in ketchup or what you call sauce/paste?

s

I've never seen that before. But I would put money on the contents being as follows: undercooked noodles, watered down tomato sauce, sodium.

Maybe like Chef Boyardee for poor people?

It's not wrong to us, tomayto/tomahto = ketchup/sauce.

Note how they call it a sauce factory.

s

No, its wrong, and the way your country is doing it is all wrong.

Tomato Ketchup is a sauce. Tomato Sauce is also a sauce. Tomato paste, is not a sauce.

Trust me man, I'm a professional. I've even been to the Heinz Ketchup factory in Leamington Ontario... We drove by it on the way to a job, just totally full of mexicans.

No, its wrong, and the way your country is doing it is all wrong.

You don't seem to get it, neither is wrong, both are right in their own territories.

In Aus. we have sauce, in the USA you have ketchup - two different words for the same thing in two different parts of the world, that's all there is to it.

Tomayto/tomahto.

Jelly/jam

Jello/jelly

s

You don't seem to get it, neither is wrong, both are right in their own territories.

In Aus. we have sauce, in the USA you have ketchup - two different words for the same thing in two different parts of the world, that's all there is to it.

Tomayto/tomahto.

Jelly/jam

Jello/jelly

s

But ketchup is a sauce. and so is tomato sauce.
Thats like saying an alternate title for Star Wars is "A Movie" in some territories. They are two words meaning two different things.

Tomato sauce is a mother sauce, one of 5. Tomato, veloute, espagnole, hollandaise, and bechamel. Adding ingredients to these sauces turns them into leading sauces, which then get turned into small sauces. The way your territory is classifying these puts this whole thing out of whack.

Your territory is wrong, and this is simply another example on how the english language will develop on an island full of ex-cons and degenerates :cool:.

Speaking of proper etiquette and manners though.. If you eat with your mouth open, or slurp while you drink(really hot drinks excluded); please find the nearest shotgun and blow your brains out. Thank you.

But ketchup is a sauce.

Hence why we call it sauce. :rolleyes:

We also have 'fair suck of the sauce bottle' as an expression. :lol:

Once being a constituent of the English Commonwealth, I'm surprised it's not called 'tomato sauce' in Canada.

It's also known as 'red sauce' in parts of the UK.

Your territory is wrong, and this is simply another example on how the english language will develop on an island full of ex-cons and degenerates :cool:.

Keep in mind you guys separated from mother England and came up with your own words and lazy country hicks found some words too hard to spell so removed letters.

Why do you guys call jam - jelly? It has no gelatine in it.

By the way my ancestry isn't Irish so the whole ex-con thing doesn't offend me. They were put into English gaols for very trivial crimes anyway.

There'd be more non-Irish degenerates here now that came in the last century.

s

your post is not about ketchup

300x300-20110321100311_SqueezySweetChilli.jpg

300x300-MF%20SQZY%20HOT%20CHILLI%20SAUCE%20250ml.jpg

^ This stuff is tits on a kebab!

So let me get this straight, the sweet chili sauce, chili sauce, etc. you get in a squeeze bottle to put on hot dogs etc. is called Sweet Chili Ketchup in the US?

Is barbecue sauce called barbecue ketchup?

Just curious.

s

I have no idea what that stuff is.

No we call it barbecue sauce, though ketchup is usually a major ingredient in it.

And yes Ketchup is a sauce, but we dont call it tomato sauce because that is not the name of the sauce (as there is already a product with that name).

KETCHUP MAN

ITS CALLED KETCHUP!!!

On another note, had a really nice dinner party tonight.

Curry vegetables and tofu over basmati rice, and roast indian potatos. My friend brought a wheel of brie cheese which he baked and cut open, that was fucking awesome, and a lemon merang pie was brought in to end it all.

Swamp People Marathon, good times,