Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

I'm planning to go to Europe next summer. I'll have a week paid vacation time and going to be paid well enough I can easily afford it.

I'd want to see anything in Scandinavia, Poland, Germany, France, East Euro (Prague), France (mainly Paris but whatev), Holland.

Areas I don't want to touch. Spain.

U.K would be cool but London doesn't really interest me. I'm more into checking out badass landscapes and rural stuff. Prague, Berlin and Paris are the only cities I'd be really into seeing. Prague just because I've heard the best things. Berlin cause of lolnazis. Paris...I dont need to stay I just want to eat. Amsterdam is the only place I really want to spend a lot of time in, but with one week I'd probably only stay in 3-4 locations.

Any suggestions? Anyone want to buy me presents?

not-sure-if-stupid-or-just-stupid.jpg

ohoq9.jpg

s

I'd want to see anything in Scandinavia, Poland, Germany, France, East Euro (Prague), France (mainly Paris but whatev), Holland.

All those countries are cool, Spain isn't too bad actually, depending on where you go, the only problem is very few people speak English.

One place I'd recommend that's different is Dubrovnik in Croatia, if you're into the seaside and go in the summer the weather is just awesome. It's some sort of old fortress city.

DUBROVNIK.jpg

Anywhere along the Adriatic coast is cool though, one time we caught a ferry from Venice to Rovinj, then made our way up to Slovenija for Metal Camp then to Germany for Wacken.

s

All those countries are cool, Spain isn't too bad actually, depending on where you go, the only problem is very few people speak English.

One place I'd recommend that's different is Dubrovnik in Croatia, if you're into the seaside and go in the summer the weather is just awesome. It's some sort of old fortress city.

DUBROVNIK.jpg

Anywhere along the Adriatic coast is cool though, one time we caught a ferry from Venice to Rovinj, then made our way up to Slovenija for Metal Camp then to Germany for Wacken.

s

Venice and the like I'll save for another day. Going to a festival would be cool though. Right now I'm just thinking up ideas. I can probably get a second week, it just wont be paid vacation, but its all a year from now so we'll see. This is probably the 20th time I've said I'm doing this :/

I can probably get a second week, it just wont be paid vacation

It's worth it as air fare is the big cost, once you're over there going from country to country is not so bad.

Over here we get 4 weeks paid annual leave, when I went I took 5 weeks off.

One thing worth looking into is an around the world airfare ticket, we did 11 countries, the only criteria was that we had to travel in one direction and we got up to 15 stops.

If that's a bit rich a Eurail pass is worth considering. I think you can choose from either number of trips or for unlimited trips within a time frame ... and you get to travel in the 1st class sections of the train - worth it!

Out of the two the 'around the world' air ticket is much better though.

As for festivals there's many to choose from.

http://www.allmetalfest.com/

s

I'm planning to go to Europe next summer [...]
Go see Vienna. It's nice.
I'd recommend Heidelberg if it would be worth it, but it isn't :(
Bit hard to squeeze a festival into just one week of travelling through Europe btw ;) And you will be having a hard time travelling by train as s suggested, if you actually plan to see three cities you can't afford spending a fuckload of time in trains.

Fucking thunderstorm over here btw, I hate the sight of a yellow-grey sky. So abnormal :err:

Go see Vienna. It's nice.

+1

And you will be having a hard time travelling by train as s suggested, if you actually plan to see three cities you can't afford spending a fuckload of time in trains.

True best travel by plane if time is limited.

Some other places of worth, just south of Vienna:

Trieste has all the majestic architecture of any big Italian city without the crowds. Right within Italy's border next to Slovenija so may be worth the trip for anyone going to MetalCamp.

Trieste_piazzaunita.jpg

A bit further south over the border in Croatia is Pula, has the 3rd largest colosseum and some remnants from when the Romans passed through, it's another nice quite place on the seaside.

pula1.jpg

s

Prague just because I've heard the best things.

I've actually heard the opposite from two different sources, from one, it was way too crowded and touristy, the other said it was a rip off, drinks were too expensive, etc.

Not my experience though we only spent a couple of days there. We went to Hells Bells bar, a metal friendly venue and the beers were good Czech beers ~ $1 for 500ml.

A taxi driver did try to take us the long way home, via the ring road around the city but a friend didn't want to walk past the square where he had a bad experience. :lol: Earlier that day we went into a record store and he was outside talking to some dude, he comes in asking if we wanted to put in this dude could get e's & coke, we declined, after spending some time inside we exit to find him waiting in the square very panicky.

'What's up man? '

'I gave him 60 euro and I'm waiting for him to return'

:lol: Dude, you just got ripped off! :lol:

Needless to say we didn't want to be seen standing anywhere near him, he gave up after we returned with food.

Be careful people, particularly in Amsterdam, there's many black spruikers, murmuring 'Charlie' to you as you walk by.

The same guy above bought a Smint for 20 euro from a black guy who told him they were Superman e's. :lol: Some people never learn.

We were told by the guy running the backpackers, 'Nothing decent is sold on the street!' He's also had to deal with removing a dead body from his joint. Occasionally there's toxic shit going around and in his street over the few years prior he's known of 5 victims who had to be sent home in boxes.

s

Power nap in the afternoon and now I'm fit again :D.

Yep that's the best thing to do, if you can't, every hour shut your eyes for say 10 minutes, go to the toilet if you have to escape your boss.

If you get the afternoon dregs go take a bit of a walk.

Spicy food is also meant to give you a bit of a kick & eat more protein than carbs.

Of course these won't work like amphetamines but they may just uplift you enough to get through the day better.

s