LFDGD or VIVA EMPTINESS ?

Which album is better ?

• Last Fair deal gone down

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • Viva Emptiness

Votes: 23 33.8%

• Total voters
Last Fair Deal Gone Down is better i think. of course Viva Emptiness is a masterpiece but i could not listen to it like i do to LFDGD... every song is absolutely brilliant...
but i like the "heaviness" of viva emptiness a lot.

Varg- said:
Damn... It has been clear to me that you're not really looking for sad music... V.E is sad music, LFDGD is not + sad music is better then happy music = V.E is better then LFDGD.
And the thing is, every other katatonia album are sad ones, that's why I think V.E is more katatonia"stylish" :)

Sure, LFDGD has some sad songs, but not like V.E. I mean, totally depressing, so very beautiful.

I began to search for happy
music in my gloomy collection after LFDGD ! And I found:
Katatonia - right into the bliss
Katatonia - Sulfur
Katatonia - fractured
Anathema - 2000&Gone
Anathema - Electricity
Anathema - far away
ParadiseLost - fucking bunch!
Tiamat - a pocket size sun
etc etc etc :loco:

I love sad music, but VE is someshing? that twists my eggs. Whet i listen to VE i begin to fear evrything, even a sunlight...

definitely LFDG!
i was waiting for viva emptiness to grow on me...
that was like a year ago, and im still waiting...

:p nah, seriously, its ok, and it has a couple of real good songs, but doesnt compare, period.

damn dunno which is better..
LFDGD has really great songs but in VE there are 2 songs I cant stop listening: burn the remembrance and walking by a wire... :) its so hard to choose an album, I remember when I bougt LFDGD I wasnt so Blown away with like VE and I didnt played it so many times as VE, but I cant say which is better :(

damn I have to listen LFDGD again :) (long time...)

In my opinion VE is better than LFDGD, thoug I really like them both.
It's more heavy than LFDGD and I like that.

Viva Emptiness!!! It hit me the first time I listened to it...where LFDGD took more listens. Darker and heavier in my opinion...but then again I am a huge Katatonia fan and I freakin love Brave Murder Day....Tonight's Decision...Discouraged Ones...but of course it has been awhile since I slipped in LFDGD so tonight I will give it a listen.

midget, if you like that phrase "If you die I will Die too" (actually there's only two tones in "too" :D)
You should read my theory about the concept of that album in my thread "Viva emptiness and the ghost of the sun", it raises the feeling about that phrase alot, man...

better? ...umm LFDGD I think is more dark, it has more underground feeling, sounds of nigth ... VE sound good aslo, but it has more modern directions, more contemporary, and I think that somehow this downfall a piece what is the original sound of katatonia ...

'Last Fair Deal Gone Down', and very easily too I might add. While 'VE' has some great moments, it is more upbeat generally and more 'rocky' I guess. Some of the tones and sounds on 'LFDGD' are amazing. The guitar sound in particular is really unique and emotional.