• shit

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • ok

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • great

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
i don't know

i don't have any sense of purpose at all at the moment... i feel like you know, like "oh this is it?" and there's nothing i want to do, no goals, no nothing... i can't bring myself to feel anything at all

MadeInNewJersey said:
It's alright, but I pretty much dislike my job, don't have a girlfriend or anything like that, am kind of broke, and uh, yeah.

But I keep my head up, so thus I voted "ok."
yeah, but youre closing in on NAD and profanity. theres something to be said for that

Erik said:
i don't know

i don't have any sense of purpose at all at the moment... i feel like you know, like "oh this is it?" and there's nothing i want to do, no goals, no nothing... i can't bring myself to feel anything at all

Everyone goes through periods like that, it's perfectly normal. The key is to not let those feelings overwhelm you and define who you are at any point during your life.

Of course only you can change your lot, find something to identify as a goal, and then set about doing it. You're so young Erik, there's lots to come.

jimbobhickville said:
wow, I'm the only 'great' so far. That's kind of sad :(
yeah i really can't -- and i'm NOT being an EMO TEEN now -- i really can't imagine something like a "great life" for prolonged periods of time. i just don't see how it could possibly exist for anyone.

EDIT: that was a bad typo imo

im pretty happy, jimbobhickville.
as for what erik said about "prolonged periods of time" i think it has to do with a persons baseline personality. some people i know are depressed all the goddam time no matter what despite that, in reality, they are doing fine. then theres the people who are maimed for life in a car accident and are like "oh well, at least im still alive".
i used to believe that one could completely alter their outlook on life but noe im starting to think its pretty much already determined and/or controlled by neurochemicals

i used to believe that one could completely alter their outlook on life but noe im starting to think its pretty much already determined and/or controlled by neurochemicals
oh jolly good, why don't i just off myself already

cause if things ain't going to be better than this ever then really why even fuckin bother right

now i'm trying my hardest not to sound completely cliché and silly here but you know

what i found out about life .. and I have been through many ups and downs myself ... is that usually the most miniscule things make your day or month ...

the good thing about being the dumps sometimes, is that you know only good will come next

arent you like 18 or something? gugs is right. being depressed at 18 or whatever is no big deal. who ISNT depressed at that age? even worse is when you graduate from college and are like, "what the fuck do i do now?!" [/cries]
if you are seriously fucked up, why not talk to a psychiatrist? they can prescribe you some anti-depressant if thats what the problem is

i'm 21 in two months. i've been THROUGH teenage depression already, more than most. this is just a big fuckin emptiness.

and THERE IS NO GOD DAMN WAY IN HELL i'm going to take pills. but maybe i'll see a psychoLOGIST.

I went through at least 10 years of "less then OK" feelings, mixed with some "shit", but over the last year or so things seem to be getting MUCH better for me. I voted "great" even though, I'd say I'm not quite there yet. And that's despite being diagnosed with a chronic illness a year ago. The illness continues to get worse, yet I continue to improve my outlook on life.

Your life is NOT predetermined by genetics. The years from about 13 to 30 are probably the roughest people go through, because they are so up and down. I was amazingly healthy in college, yet I was always depressed because I had no idea what the hell I was going to do for the rest of my life. Pretty much just like Erik. After graduating college it only got worse. I was in a shit job, in a shit town. FINALLY I realized what I wanted to do, but it was a total surprise to me.

Just keep living day by day, and things will work themselves out. Always try to find things that expand your horizons, so to speak, and you will at least be happy with that.

What the hell am I talking about . . .

Erik said:
and THERE IS NO GOD DAMN WAY IN HELL i'm going to take pills. but maybe i'll see a psychoLOGIST.
fine. but some people NEED them. let a professional talk to you. nothing wrong with taking psych meds.
a psychologist might be a good start. ive found them to be useless myself and ive been to several.
like dr. lecter said, "psychologists arent real scientists" [paraphrase]

Conspicuously Absent said:
Only some recent developments have changed this.

you're welcome :loco:

@ Erik ... I am not shrink, but I think a lot has to do with that you are away at school ... you are naturally in a new environment ... searching ... and the innevitable change of growing up.