like in Opeth forum..have you cried to Anathema?..

I know, I know........::bows head in shame::

but some of there songs just get to me. He can be pretty emotional. I used to be practically obsessed with Korn, thought they were brilliant. Then I got into Anathema and Opeth and suddenly Korn seemed....well....bad. But certain songs still get to me when I'm in a mood.

That's pretty brave of you to say, and since we're already into this group therapything, I feel that I can admit that I too listen to crap music some times. Sometimes the Pantera CD's from my childhood just seem to be calling, and I can't help my self :cry:

'By seven hells!'
Yes
That's definately the best expression I've heard today. Thanks for that Garm, I'll remember to use that one next time I get the chance.

Can't say I've cried to Anathema, but there is something intensely emotional about their music. Hard to figure out. It definately gets an highly emotional response out of me!

Hey, I guess thats why we listen to extreme music, thought provoking and powerful.

Hallelujah, Amen

Official DesolatioN Dominion

Originally posted by Jayde
I get emotional with Opeth and Anathema and (shame of all shames) Korn.

hey!! you made me remember i also like KoRn :lol: . and... wait... yes its true... KoRn was one (if not the first band that made me weep).. i dont care if they are known or not, the guy is real, i can listen to that, although since i stumbled in Doom Metal i never listened to them anymore... maybe i'll do that right now...

:loco: --> for all the conservative or anti-nu metal metalheads ;)

who am I kidding, I love Jonathan Davis. He's just so.........real (as you put it). That is the first band that made me weep. The song Daddy is just...........:cry: :cry:

Originally posted by Jayde
who am I kidding, I love Jonathan Davis. He's just so.........real (as you put it). That is the first band that made me weep. The song Daddy is just...........:cry: :cry:

i listen to Korn for the whole content, not because of Davies. he may be the heart and soul of the band but... mmm better stop talking about Korn or we'll have our asses kicked
;)

Oh, yes, I love all the rest of the guys as well. I know a band is not a band with only the frontperson. To many people don't realize that there are more people there as well.

guys! guys! this was/is the only song that really endures from Judgement... everytime i listen to it.. i have to sing it or play it.

this his for all those that like still dont understand why this song is so good...

1) Be sure you are alone in the house/room
2) lie in the bed/ sit in front of the PC
3) put Judgement and go to the 6 track.
4) When it starts read this:

ONE LAST GOODBYE
(Words and Music: D.Cavanagh)
(Additional lyrics transcribed by Phil Morgan)

How I needed you
How I grieve now you’re gone
In my dreams I see you
I awake so alone

I know you didn’t want to leave
Your heart yearned to stay
But the strength I always loved in you finally gave way

Somehow I knew you would leave me this way
Somehow I knew you could never stay
And in the early morning light
After a silent, peaceful night
You took my heart away and my being

In my dreams I can see you
I can tell you how I feel
In my dreams I can hold you
And it feels so real

I still feel the pain
I still feel your love

And somehow I knew you could never never stay
And somehow I knew you would leave me
And in the early morning light
After a silent, peaceful night
You took my heart away
Oh I wish, I wish you could have stayed

5) be sure the song is over
6) read 4
7) be sure you finished 5

well if you are not a bit apprehensive, constrained, thinking more than the usual or doing this :cry: then Anathema is not for you

very emotional stuff like One Last Goodbye,Angelica and Hope to name a few.

But dont forget Lovelorn Rhapsody and Under A Veil Of Black Lace.

Originally posted by discouraged1
I think it is
'I still feel the pain
I still feel your ARMS'

'arms' instead of 'love'....

anyway, thanx for the lyrics, as they aren't available through CD innersleeve.

i thought so too.. then i looked for the lyrics. and now im listening to the song... it fits better being arms... love is overated. but im not sure though