like in Opeth forum..have you cried to Anathema?..

Ahh thanx very much...
Hm I must admit that this the deepest thread I've ever read, its good people arent afraid to talk about there feelings concerning music and crying....

I haven't found myself doing that to Anathema but there is one band's album that I can't listen to anymore: Stabbing Westward, Darkest Days album.

I would crank that thing (along with the occasional Slipknot and NIN) through studio quality head-phones, slamming 200 watts of music into my ears for lengthy periods at a time. I'd also run parts of my collection of knives across my forearms ... luckily, that time is past (institutionalization does that to one: you don't want to go back.)

<-Found Anathema AFTER that period in my life.

Originally posted by IAmObsolete
I haven't found myself doing that to Anathema but there is one band's album that I can't listen to anymore: Stabbing Westward, Darkest Days album.

I would crank that thing (along with the occasional Slipknot and NIN) through studio quality head-phones, slamming 200 watts of music into my ears for lengthy periods at a time. I'd also run parts of my collection of knives across my forearms ... luckily, that time is past (institutionalization does that to one: you don't want to go back.)

<-Found Anathema AFTER that period in my life.

mmm... i just noticed i dont cut myself for some time know... i think i know why... its cold. Stabbing Westward, Darkest Days album, what kind of music do they play?

Well not long ago I got myself locked in my room crying and smashin' things with Sentient playin'.When I got a little calmer I stopped destroying my own room but continued cryin' for about an hour and Sentient playing repeatedly.
Yeah you got it I was crying because of a girl....:cry:
I hope thingz will become better in the upcoming days...

Stabbing Westward plays semi-Nine Inch Nails style songs. (They, even though I like them, strike me as a NIN rip off at times. Along with Gravity Kills, they came out after NIN was huge :D)

Industrial/dark/disturbing/depressive music is them. If you have Morpheus d/l a song off the Darkest Days album and you'll see what I mean (Unless it's Save Yourself, which is their popular song off that album :D).

"I'm drowning in nothing.... nothing real .... there's nothing... left... for me now...."

Originally posted by LoboUivante
maybe i'll give them a listen later, thanks.

by the way, guys im proud of be a part of this wonderfull thread :)

cool, me too!!!....by the way you should really check Stabbing Westward out. I don't really think they are a NIN rip off at all but they do have the electronics and heavy guitars...the songs have a more striaght forward structure than NIN, if you know what I mean.