Line 6 Spider III Opeth Settings?

BlackRoseImmortalWaterPark

Black Ros Mortal!! METAL!
Oct 4, 2007
Toronto
Hey dudes, I currently am using a Line 6 Spider III amp and was wondering if anyone has any nice distortion settings for Opeth(say blackwater park, deliverance, or Ghost reveries). I currently use a very thrashy sound on the insane setting, the sound is pree nice, but a lil too distorted for Opeth. I jam along to alot of Opeth songs and would like to get a closer sound to them. Thanks :headbang:

Hey dudes, I currently am using a Line 6 Spider III amp and was wondering if anyone has any nice distortion settings for Opeth(say blackwater park, deliverance, or Ghost reveries). I currently use a very thrashy sound on the insane setting, the sound is pree nice, but a lil too distorted for Opeth. I jam along to alot of Opeth songs and would like to get a closer sound to them. Thanks :headbang:

Got the same head, and I love that Insane sound -use it for pretty much everything. I know its not close to the opeth sound but I still like it...

Interested to see what people suggest though.

Ok I didnt want to open a new thread since this one is refered to Opeth and Line6 sound, but tell me..is Mendez using a PODxt LIVE in this pic? o_O

Opeth_3636.jpg

POD_XT_Live-01.jpg

looks to me like he is... I wouldn't be surprised as I know Mikael uses Boss GT8s for his live sound. Peter did as well, I don't know about Fredrik.

I recently purchased a spider III head to hold me over while my Laney head has been out on loan for the past while, and I have been pleasantly surprized with how much I have enjoyed using it. I liked it so much that I ran out yesterday and purchased the FBV shortboard to go along with it. I have not tried dialing in the Opeth sound, but was amused to see an Opeth setting pre-programed in to it.

^ Well, Line 6 products sound too modern for creating good Opeth sounds.

what a stupid thing to say. Clearly they use line 6 gear even if not all the time and I think they have a better idea of what equipment produces 'good Opeth sounds' than you do :rolleyes:

You have to identify whether you want to recreate their live or studio tone. Both are accomplished through different means. Their live tone, IMO, is nothing overly special and easily dialed with your average digital preamp unit, provided you're hitting a tube power section (hence them commonly using Marshalls live).

You have to identify whether you want to recreate their live or studio tone. Both are accomplished through different means. Their live tone, IMO, is nothing overly special and easily dialed with your average digital preamp unit, provided you're hitting a tube power section (hence them commonly using Marshalls live).

This is what I mean. And I'm refering to my personal experiences with Line 6 products.

i was gonna ask this question also, and im glad there is already a thread for it.

I have a small little line 6 spider III 15 watt. does anyone have any good arrangements for the knobs to make it sound anything like Opeth?

Well...I've tweaked my little Line6 Spider II and it sounds close to the kind of distortion used in deliverance, but I'm trying to get the Ghost Reveries tone 'cause I know they used Pod's or Line6 to get the distortion tone in some songs...

Edit: later I will post the settings..when I get home