List some bands that you really don't like but society says you are supposed to like.

White Stripes! I think this is just the worst band in the whole music history and the whole universe. How can anyone listen to this crap?

I also hate Rammstein (saw them live two times and they just plain SUCK) and Marilyn Manson.

creed-demotivational-poster-1256863602.jpg

Out of curiosity what makes Iron Maiden a band you hate? What exactly do you NOT like about them both musicianship and just over all song writing stuff?

And Soulfly what exactly makes you hate Soulfly so much? Have you heard Dark Ages, Conquer, Prophecy and given them a chance? Did you like old Sepultura?

I really don't hear much old Sep in Soulfly. It sounds mostly like the Nu-Metalish Roots album. Loved them on their first US tour though since half the stuff they played was Sepultura.
I personally love Maiden but I could see where the song structures and bass lines would come off as repetitive. But I love any manner of repetitive bands. Pro-Pain for one. Maiden has progressed quite a bit over the years though for sure. I love em!

Bands I don't like:

Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
U2
Korn
Nickelback
Disturbed
Creed

...and many more.

Music that I don't like, that the media try to sell in as something that everyone should enjoy:

Everything ever coughed up by any America's got Talent/ American idol/pop idol winner (or participant for that matter), especially that Daughtry-bloke.
What a pile of shite!

I really don't hear much old Sep in Soulfly. It sounds mostly like the Nu-Metalish Roots album. Loved them on their first US tour though since half the stuff they played was Sepultura.

I have been a Sepultura fan since Beneath The Remains came out when i was in High School. I was pissed when Chaos AD came out at the time because it was not extreme thrash metal like their previous albums. It was going in a new direction. I hated the Roots album with a passion, made Chaos AD seem like hardcore thrash. Then Max quit and started Soulfly. When I first heard their debut album I wasn't sure about it. There was even a song with Fred Durst rapping on it. I certainly wasn't down for that. But then I went to see Iron Maiden play in 2000, the first show they played with Bruce Dickinson back on vocals. Soulfly opened up. They were a newer band and played most of that first Soulfly album. I was able to see that Max was really into it and the tribal vibe was actually pretty cool. I bought the album and it slowly started to creep up on me. There was a lot of tribal influence but it was more aggressive and unique than the over produced Roots album. After all was said and done I was a huge fan of this first album and still am just had to open up and let it in.

Then Prophecy came out.. TERRIBLE album. This was the "nu metal' influence album. I still can only listen to a few songs off of it without wanting to change them. The song Terrorist with Tom Araya from Slayer is pretty good. But other than that a total flop.

Soulfly III came out and started getting heavyer, less nu metal influence. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Prophecy came out and had some awesome songs on it. The song Prophcy is great as well as about 1/2 of the songs on the album.

Then comes Dark Ages which was like Arise Sepultura. For all the poeople that think of Soulfly as this "Nu Metal" band go listen to Dark Ages. Frontlines sounds like Arise. This album is heavy, fast and brutal. ZERO Nu Metal influence on this album.

Conquer comes out and is the heaviest album they have done, again brutally heavy and not one ounce of Nu Metal influence,

Now comes their latest album OMEN. This album is borderline Death Metal. Not sure how anyone could possibly confuse any of these songs as Nu Metal. I am not a huge fan of it, but it is definetley NOT Nu metal or even close to it. I would rather them go back and do something more like their first album.

SO to people who say Soulfy is "NU Metal" that tells me that they actually really never have even listened to them outside of maybe the first and second album.

Tell me this is Nu Metal or doesn't sound anything like old Seputlura:

None the less not trying to make you like them at all. Just trying to defend them a bit as I have had the good fortune of becoming friends with these guys on a personal level and know they have zero nu metal in mind when making music these days

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity what makes Iron Maiden a band you hate? What exactly do you NOT like about them both musicianship and just over all song writing stuff?

And Soulfly what exactly makes you hate Soulfly so much? Have you heard Dark Ages, Conquer, Prophecy and given them a chance? Did you like old Sepultura?

not that i hate iron maiden,i have seen them on there last tour here and will be seeing them at a festival in 6 weeks time,there just not a band where i would put 1 of there cds on at home or in car etc,of course they are after seeing them live on gigantour a great band,i just dont c what all the fuss is about thats all,as far as soulfly i had already began to dislike roots album and when he started his own band it went further down that path and after seeing them on gigantour they were fucking horrible,there songs were so plain it wasnt funny,i love arise chaos era.

not that i hate iron maiden,i have seen them on there last tour here and will be seeing them at a festival in 6 weeks time,there just not a band where i would put 1 of there cds on at home or in car etc,of course they are after seeing them live on gigantour a great band,i just dont c what all the fuss is about thats all,as far as soulfly i had already began to dislike roots album and when he started his own band it went further down that path and after seeing them on gigantour they were fucking horrible,there songs were so plain it wasnt funny,i love arise chaos era.

Have you even heard the Soulfly album Dark Ages or Conquer? Do you think those albums are nu metal and horrible?

As for Maiden you like them live but don't like them on CD? So when you put in the Powerslave album you hate it? Or just like it live? Im a bit confused.

Have you even heard the Soulfly album Dark Ages or Conquer? Do you think those albums are nu metal and horrible?

As for Maiden you like them live but don't like them on CD? So when you put in the Powerslave album you hate it? Or just like it live? Im a bit confused.

only maiden albums ive heard start to finish is no prayer for the dying and a greatest hits cd,not fussed on getting any further into them,main reason i saw them last time was because i wanted to c them at least 1 time,justa bonus they are headlining sounwave next month,not a bad thing,in fairness to soulfly i guess i just dont get into to much metal these days,stone sour and slipknot are probably the only 2 newer metal rock bands that i really got into,more stone sour for me now.

only maiden albums ive heard start to finish is no prayer for the dying and a greatest hits cd,not fussed on getting any further into them,main reason i saw them last time was because i wanted to c them at least 1 time,justa bonus they are headlining sounwave next month,not a bad thing,in fairness to soulfly i guess i just dont get into to much metal these days,stone sour and slipknot are probably the only 2 newer metal rock bands that i really got into,more stone sour for me now.

Gotcha. NO Prayer for the Dying is one of the worst CD's they ever put out. Go get Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, and 7th Son of a 7th Son if you ever want to hear good Maiden albums.

So in all you really just never listened to these bands before, maybe a few songs here or there yet you list them as bands you don't like. I guess I just don't understand that. But it's all good. Thanks for the clarification and enjoy Maiden live!