List some bands that you really don't like but society says you are supposed to like.

But it had peeps from Limp Bizkit on it.

Oh yeah, fuck Mötley Crüe... in the ass with a boom-stick. Gaylords.

1 song in one part. And yes I don't like that part. But the rest of the album is very heavy in its own way and tribal. Very unique and spiritual. At the time they did that album Limp Bizkit just came out and Fred Durst was still 'cool'. Fred Durst recordd his album with Ross Robinson, So did Soulfly. So Fred was at the studio and they decided to put him in on one of the songs. Still a heavy song, I just hate Fred Durst with a passion so yes it tainted that song, but not that entire album!

Motley Crue had some good songs on Too Fast for Love and Shout at The Devil. I even like some of their latter material. Its fun rock music to go drink and fuck chicks to =)

When I was younger I was really into Kiss. I remember buying all of their casettes (!), beginning with Crazy Nights :loco:

Anyways, some of those albums, like Dressed to Kill and Destroyer, really blew me away for a while, and then I just grew completely tired of them.
Couldn't understand what I'd been thinking when I enjoyed their music so much.

Then, a couple of years back a band from the UK called Sack Trick released a tribute album called "Sheep in Kiss Make Up". They are a bunch of session musicians who, amongst other things, played on Bruce Dickinson's "Skunkworks". In fact, Dickinson makes an appearance on one of the tracks on "Sheep...".

The album consist of far out covers of classic Kiss tunes, and a couple of odd picks as well such as "Audio/Video" and a hilarious "The Elder-medley".

That album made me rediscover Kiss, in a twisted way, and I still think it's brilliant.

Then Kiss released Sonic Boom and I realised that even if "Sheep in Kiss Make Up" is brilliant, Kiss is mostly shite.

I think with KISS and even Simmons admitted as much they released so much throw away shit but you know what in between all that are some absolute classics.

Their earlier older stuff like Destroyer is great in my book.

BTW I really dug Paul's last (2nd) solo album. It's cliched as fuck but it was still a good fun cheap listen - saw him live a couple of years ago too and despite wanting to chat for 10 mins after every song the guy put on a fantastic setlist.

I think with KISS and even Simmons admitted as much they released so much throw away shit but you know what in between all that are some absolute classics.

Their earlier older stuff like Destroyer is great in my book.

BTW I really dug Paul's last (2nd) solo album. It's cliched as fuck but it was still a good fun cheap listen - saw him live a couple of years ago too and despite wanting to chat for 10 mins after every song the guy put on a fantastic setlist.

Haven't listened to Destroyer in ages. Maybe it's time to revisit that album. However, I don't think I'll be revisting Dynasty, Unmasked or Lick it Up any time soon.....or, heaven forbid, Hot in the Shade :)

I've not listened to the Paul Stanley album. I'll give it a spin if I can find it on Spotify.

Haven't listened to Destroyer in ages. Maybe it's time to revisit that album. However, I don't think I'll be revisting Dynasty, Unmasked or Lick it Up any time soon.....or, heaven forbid, Hot in the Shade :)

I've not listened to the Paul Stanley album. I'll give it a spin if I can find it on Spotify.

It's typical Paul. Simple. Fun. But it's actually pretty good.

Lick it up :) That is one hilarious film clip. Gene's face is hilarious in parts.

I really loved the vibe and groove on their really early stuff. Detroit Rock City for instance. Brilliant song.

It's typical Paul. Simple. Fun. But it's actually pretty good.

Lick it up :) That is one hilarious film clip. Gene's face is hilarious in parts.

I really loved the vibe and groove on their really early stuff. Detroit Rock City for instance. Brilliant song.

I remember watching a live video by the band when I was younger.
Gene Simmons was doing his trademark "bass solo".

Seems like he was just hitting strings at random while doing tounge exercises and spitting blood. I remember finding it funny as hell, even though I was only like 12 years old at the time.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I am grateful for what they did, just not that into them. The perfect example of a band that they say you have to love if you are a metal head. I don't care for them all that much, but I do dig all the shit we have now thanks to them...

Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
Rage Against The Machine
Oasis
Avenged Sevenfold
Dream Theatre
Mr. Big
Toto
Metallica since Death Magnetic - I did not like anything after the black album, but society did not want me to like all the load,reload,s&m,st.anger-crap. Since Death Magnetic people keep telling me what a big return to thrash this is, I just don´t get it. And after seeing "Some Kind Of Monster" I just can´t believe anything this band does. "Nobody does guitar solos anymore"...:loco:

Judas Priest--the vocals just kill it for me but I like some of the guitar playing
Mercyful Fate--again the vocals
Most death bands
All black metal bands
The Rolling Stones
The Doors
The Who
Elton John

Judas Priest--the vocals just kill it for me but I like some of the guitar playing
Mercyful Fate--again the vocals

Me too. I never got why Rob Halford was/is so worshiped and considered "The Metal God" I have always thought his vocal style was cheesy. High pitched screams are cool for a minute I guess but it gets old really fast and has a big time cheese factor. I liked the Priest songs where he didn't go all high pitched the entire song. But there was always some cheese factor with Judas Priest that was hard for me to get over.

But I do respect the shit out of them and give them their props for being one of the first metal bands ever. Just didn't get how people worshiped them as gods.

Mercyful fat is hilarious. I love the vocals it is so over the top high pitched at times that is is honestly funny. I put together a compilation about 5 years ago with all the bands I have heard with the highest pitched vocals and mercyful fate made it on there several times.

Led Zeppelin-I love Stairway and a couple of other songs, but for the most part they bore the fuck out of me
Slayer-I like the first four records, after that they became shit and eventually started going core...even though I like some stuff none of their songs would even make it into my top 250.
Queen-I love some of their stuff, but not usually not their most popular songs. This is a band I actually think got better in their later years. And as a great as a singer he was, I don't think Mercury was really that great a songwriter. BR is overrated is you ask me.
Soundgarden-Sabbath with Zeppelin, I think I have to go vomit. I did like Cornell in Audioslave though.
Black Sabbath (with Ozzy)-Some really good songs, but they really bore me for the most part. Alot of their early stuff reminds me of listening to old prog like Yes or Genesis, just heavier. It's complex and easy to appreciate but so fucking hard to sit through. Maiden really perfected the 'epic song'.
Nine Inch Nails-Absolute shit, I heard Johnny Cash's Hurt, and since the songwriting is what drew me in (I don't like country) I downloaded alot of their shit. Pathetic emo shit, awful, Manson destroys Trent. I would list all the other overrated shitty pop electronic bands like Depeche Mode or Joy Division but society doesn't really give a fuck about them.
ZZ Top-Not a big fan of tongue in cheeck humor in my music so ZZ Top are out. Still fun to listen to once in a while though.
Lynyrd Skynyrd-I'll admit I'm not really familiary with their catalogue, but I've always hated Sweet Home Alabama and Simple Man didn't impress me. Free Bird is good though.
Nirvana-Love SLTP, the rest is shit to me. Come As You Are and Heart Shaped Box I can't stand.

I like and even love some songs by these bands, but I would never call myself a fan and I think they are all very overrated. I'd say the same thing about AC/DC but I do usually really like AC/DC songs, I just think they are a little overrated.

I think the boys in Queen were good song writers. Can't say I'm a fan but they were very capable in writing differnt type of songs. Deacon seems like a cool cat. Low key and not as flamboyant as the rest. He's one of those people I always wonder, what is going on in their head, when I see a video with him.

I like Priest, mostly for the guitars but I think Halford (aswell as King Diamond) have a unique sound. When I was a kid and bought Ugly Kid Joes "Americas Least Wanted" the song "Goddamn Devil" was my favourite. Halford sings the chorus and gives it a bit of extra "umpfh". UKJ is one of those band that one should not like but I still do. They shared that tounge in cheek attitude with many bands that I like.

Last edited by a moderator: