Looking for Depressive music

totally forgot about ulver(ive been into them for a few months now)

and yes akira yamaoka, forgot to mention him as well to hell with me!

yea i actually own all the physical CD versions of the silent hill soundtracks so heh yea he is good.

"For Your Demons" with Saturnus might the sadest song i have heard ever.
Would also recommend "Thou Art Free".
Like some have said, Saturnus is very very sad overall, but nothing really beats Anathema in that department imo.

Godspeed You Black Emperor, A Silver Mt. Zion.
Not that depressive... more music for dissapointment of the world
Montgolfier Brothers; Depressive with as main theme broken relationships

i add Mab, the album: Decay, they're italian but they live in london, they opened concert for him, and they're all girls and good looking. i saw their concert and they're impressive

You can always count with either ShamRain or Entwine when it comes to melow/depressive stuff:p

Some of Radiohead's songs like Pyramid song, Sail to the moon and How to disappear completely are super-depressing.

No one has mentioned Jesu yet! That's a must. Especially Silver -ep and the selftitled album.
Mogwai's Happy songs for happy people album is a sad instrumental album.
Sigur Ros's () has some depressing feeling in it too.
And then there is this crushingly sad band called Elend who play this dark ambient neo-classical stuff. They are one of the heaviest bands out there and they aren't even metal :D

ARKHON INFAUSTUS...SHINING...I think this kind of music kills your spirit much more

Green Carnation has some nice sad stuff.

Daylight Dies, October Tide, Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Shape Of Despair, Rapture...

I'm sure you already some of these.
Good recs here.
I'll add Officium Triste, Shamrain, Type O Negative (october rust ALWAYS does the trick 4 me),
Anathema's Alternative 4 ...:worship:

Bohren & Der Club of Gore, John Martyn, Tracy Chapman, Paatos, Ash ra Tempel, Tangerine Dream, Elbow, Interpol, The Gault, Shora, Some Honeychurch songs.. even though im not a fan,something like Dargaad aswell. Oh and that Sunno))) & Boris Collaoration is stunning, get that.