Lost The Flame

Doompiper

gravesweetgrave
Apr 5, 2004
singapore
In Flames have been making very lacklustre metal lately, for example:reroute to remain and the new STYE. I think this is due to the fact thet they no longer record and produce their albums under Fredrik Nordstrom at Studio Fredman. After all, Fredrik did produce TheJesterRace, Whoracle, Colony and Clayman. Their recent and worst albums were produced in denmark by this loser named Daniel Bergstrand. What Gives??? :confused:

yeah, you can have your opinion to whether or not you like the newer material, but to say that its not good anymore because of the producer isnt a very valid statement

C'mon. You gotta troll harder than that!

anyone who argues this fact is an idiot.... look, is it complete fluke that as soon as they stop producing with nordstrom at fredman they suck? i dont think so.
my theory for why they stopped producing there was cause nordstrom is such a cool guy with such an awesome taste of music, he would never alow them to go in the direction they did, itd be like metallica writing master of puppets 2 with bob rock, it would never happen

david411 said:
itd be like metallica writing master of puppets 2 with bob rock, it would never happen
It almost did happen. Somehow, though, we got the retard abortion of an album called St. Anger.

In Flames music was never as bad as it is right now. that's all i can say. in fact, its not really the music. Im not even sure what it is. haha. the writing of the new material isnt that bad, but its more the way its recorded. anybody get what i mean?

I completely agree with Doompiper. the new sound is hideous, awful, especially the drums, it doesn't sound energetic at all, like daniel is barely touching them with the sticks and not banging.

Warheart2 said:
I completely agree with Doompiper. the new sound is hideous, awful, especially the drums, it doesn't sound energetic at all, like daniel is barely touching them with the sticks and not banging.

The new sound sucks, but face it- that writing is half-assed too. Don't blame it all on the producer for christs sake.

Warheart2 said:

Well I love the production, especially on STYE. The drums in particular sound awesome on the last two albums, especially the snare. The guitar distortion sounds a lot heavier than the previous albums as well.

Musically, I like RTR least because it sounds awkward and reminds me slightly of Linkin Park. The new album has a little of that, but mostly it's great. Of course it's different from all the previous albums because it seems more vocals based rather than guitar based like everything was before Clayman. Before they had lots of riffs with harmonies and stuff. Now the focus is more on start and stop kind of chords, making the guitars heavier but less melodic. It's like the guitars are now primarily used for rhythm and aggression whereas before they provided most of the melody while the vocals provided structure and aggression.

The only thing I don't get is why Anders did Passenger when In Flames is going down basically the same track.

as i randomly chime in here , the bottom line is that inflames has changed i dunno maybe they just reallty dig the music they are making but i dont and thats whats great about music ya know ? you can listen to what you want sure i felta little betrayed when they put out rtr but that was THEIR CALL . it sucks but hey what are you gonna do i mean we stil have the other amazing music that they have made and i just go listen to that and other amazing ass bands like COB and SONATA ARCTICA instead of listening to rtr or stye. i guess what im saying is that its not even worth it to bitch about it cause its their band not ours ya know o_O

the new sound is very bad, and very different than the classic in flames sound. the production on rtr is horrible, but it's not bad on the new album. the problem is the writing...they're just writing extremely simple, basic music that severly lacks creativity in the guitar department. where are the awesome riffs ala zombie inc, jotun, embody, insipid 2000 etc??... and they use too many electronics now. but the BIGGEST problem, is something Anders even describred himself when he was talking about rtr before it was released. he said the band took some of the melody out of the guitars and put it in the vocals. and thats what they've done, and it's clear that's their new direction.

melody in guitar, not vocals, guys!!!!

If thats the kinda music they wanna play then thats their business but I also understand people longing for what this great band can achieve but let them work in their realm for awhile and see what maybe three or four albums from now they can come up with. They will either sink or swim we will just ahve to wait til the end of their career to fully figure it out.

You Are Right And I Agree With You. Without Having To Call Everyone Fucks Though.

HEY ICED!! I WAS PLAYING COUNTERSTRIKE THE OTHER DAY ONLINE AND SOME GUY WAS MOUTHING ME AND I SAID " IM KING SHIT OF FUCK MOUNTAIN , DEATH TO YOU WHO OPPOSE ME " THE GUY STARTED LAUGHING SO HARD I SNUCK UP ON HIM AND SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD. IT WAS GREAT. SORRY JUST THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY.